question about DR CHEYNEY and cardiomyopathy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by trinity3, Oct 6, 2005.

1. trinity3

trinity3 New Member

do any of you know where he is located and how to get evaluated/ treated for this condition?? i have a major feeling that i have this cardio condition... i have major heart symptoms and he specifies the 'diastolic' aspect of it, which is scary because i always have a normal systolic pressure but very high diastolic pressures...

where is he?? how do i go about getting treated/evaluated???

i have been telling people that something is wrong with my heart for years.... the cardiologist i saw did an ekg and said oh your heart rate is just a little fast, no big deal... but i know its more than that...

gina
  2. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

His clinic is still probably in operation. It was located in North Carolina- Charlotte I believe. I'm not quite sure if that's right, it's been a while since I checked.
    I've been looking into becoming a test subject at the CFS/FM Center in New Jersey.
    www.umdnj.edu
    They are doing a lot of research there on CFS. Dr. Natelson (who Dr. Cheney cites in his research on cardiomyopathy) works there. He's responsible for a lot of research about CFS and the heart. He also has a private practice. The initial visit will cost about $500.
    The person I spoke to at the clinic about impedance cardiography seemed to think that echocardiography would yield the same results.
  3. trinity3

trinity3 New Member

please share any more info if/when you get it because i just looked through the umdnj site and i found dr. natelman but it says he is a neuropsychologist and all of the research it listed him as being involved in doesnt have anything about cardiomyopathy...

am i reading the wrong thing?? can you tell me where on the site to look??
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Last I heard, he was not taking any new patients but you could check. He has had a heart transplant but has recovered and is very active.

Love, Mikie
  5. trinity3

trinity3 New Member

bumping for more info...
  6. FM58

FM58 New Member

Gina,

Dr. Cheney will actually be speaking about CFIDS & Diastolic Cardiomyopathy at a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Conference in NJ on Saturday, November 5, 2005. He still is the Director of The Cheney Clinic in Wilmington, NC.

The UMDNJ doc now has a private practice - you can check with his office to see which insurance he accepts. I live in NJ, I know he does not take mine & could not afford his $$$fees.

Best of Luck, Gina- hope you find someone who can help you.

Gentle Hugs,
    Patty