question about eye exam

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snickerdoodle48, May 2, 2006.

1. snickerdoodle48

snickerdoodle48 New Member

My sensitivity is not so much to hot and cold, but to light. Even on cloudy days I wear sunglasses.

I need an eye exam, but they put all those bright lights in your eyes after dialating them. Any way I can get around this? It drives me crazy, and is painful. I can hardly sit still for it. thanks for advice....
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I am sensitive to heat, but also to light. I HATE those exams. But I need to get them because I have diabetes and my mother lost her vision to this dd. I just keep praying and begging the doc to hurry up. My eyes water like crazy and I go home with a nasty headache.

If anyone knows a way to get around the pain, I sure would like to hear it too!

God Bless.
  3. ckzim

ckzim New Member

I just got back from mine, and sorry to say...my eyes are still at a dull ache, and watering from it all. They watered all the way through the exam, too.
    I really don't think there is anyway around it.

This optromitist, did not dialate my eyes at all! From what I understand though, the dialation is suppose to like "freeze" the eye so it's not so painful. I have had it both ways...there really isn't much more difference, tears still flow uncontrolably, but the pain wasn't as bad with the dialation.

You might want to check with the optromistist, about a solution that works simialiar to the dialation process, that you apply yourself.
    ...I was given it once, when I was in a really bad flare, and litterly couldn't open my eyes or see a thing for days...he gave me that, and at least I could open my eyes. He also gave me a lotion to sooth the burning...maybe that might be a solution for you to try with the everyday sensitivity.