Question about eye pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebren, Apr 28, 2003.

1. littlebren

littlebren New Member

I am curious to know if anyone is experiencing eye discomfort? For the last three weeks my eyes have been constantly running and burning maybe this has nothing to do with FM but I am curious to know if anyone else has this problem? It actually feels like something is behind the eyeball. I have medicine but it does not seem to be working. Maybe it's nothing but who knows with this crazy disease

Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2003]
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds like you need to get to an eye dr. The eyes are nothing to fool around with. My eyes tend to be dry and I use an OTC liquid tears without "allergy" meds in them. If it says "gets the red out" it has allergy med. My eye sockets tend to hurt too but I forgot to even bring it up last week at the eye dr's. Go figure!

Let us know what you find out.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Posted a topic a while back on this and got some useful ideas and heard of others' experiences.

Good idea to get it checked out but some of your symptoms sound like blepharitis which is easy to treat. Just bathe the eyelids twice a day with either baby shampoo or bicarbonate of soda dissolved in warm water. This is something you could start now and I doubt it would do any harm even if this is not your problem.

Use a search engine to find out about blepharitis, there's lots of useful sites. Some people refer to it as sandpaper eyelids and it can cause a lot of symptoms in and around the eyes.

Cheers

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 04/29/2003]
  4. paulajo

paulajo New Member

I have allergies and dry eyes (sjogren's syndrome) and my eyes are watery, itchy and burning; the lids, the insides and they feel strained behind them. I went to the opthamalogist and he told me I had extremely dry eyes. I was taking Zyrtec D and backed off to plain Zyrtec and use Endura Refresh and Restatis for the dry eyes. All of my tear ducts have been closed to prevent moisture drainage from my eyes. They still feel scratchy and really irritated. The eyelids feel a little better. Good luck, its a miserable situation especially if you can't just close your eyes and rest them. When possible I lay a cold cloth over them for some relief. It would be nice if you could focus on getting relief for one area and not worry about another cropping up!!!!