QUESTION ABOUT FFC AND HERXING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Dec 12, 2005.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I STARTED ON MY NEW STUFF FROM FFC THIS WEEK. THEY HAVE ME ON 1. RELEASE AND RENEW

2.ENERGY REVITALIZATION SYSTEM

3.ENHANCED PROBIOTIC SYSTEM

4.NT FACTOR
    I HAVE HAD A HEADACHE FOR 3 DAYS(I VERY SELDOM GET HEADACHES) are these new things causing headache.

sore spot at base of neck if i apply pressure it relieves headache. any ideas here ty in advance
    GAIL
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

that you figured out pressing the spot in the neck helps with the headache! :)

I would say to drink a LOT of water. The headache could be from detoxing, or maybe a bit of dehydration.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know whether the FFC's recommend this but it's a good rule of thumb to only start one thing at a time. That way, if there are any adverse reactions, you know which substance is causing it. Sometimes, it's a combination of things. When that is the case, it may be helpful to take them hours apart.

Herxing may not be what is happening. Technically, Herxing only occurs when so many pathogens have been killed off that the body cannot excrete them before they turn toxic. The body will produce profuse sweating, diarrhea and, possibly, nausea to purge these toxic dead germs.

An immune response may precede a Herx in which one will feel fluish, have swollen lymph nodes and sore throat, and/or suffer from headaches.

Herxing is being used to describe any adverse reaction to substances but in many cases, it isn't Herxing which is actually taking place. I'm not nit picking here but I do think it's important to know the difference, especially when talking to one's docs.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2005]
  4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

THX FOR ANSWERS. I DID START THEM EACH 2 DAYS APART SO MAYBE I NEED TO CALL THEM .IT HAS SUBSIDED SOME.

I JUST THOUGHT SOME MAY HAVE HAD THIS REACTION TO WHAT IM TAKING. TYVM GAIL
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's miserable when we take something and then react to it. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I go to the FFC too. I would call them and ask what they think. I got a headache from the Rest and Restore everytime I took it. It was the scullcap herb in it. It also made my acid reflex worse. It helped me sleep, but I woke up everyday with a headache and a upset stomoch.

They are really good about getting back to you if you have questions. If the doctor can`t talk to you, the nurses will talk to him and get back to you with the answer.

You are going to probably feel worse before you feel better. My pain and fatigue got worse for awhile as toxins were released and my body was trying to kill off those viruses and mycroplasma infections I had. I stuck it out and am glad I did. I am so much better then I was. I`m not at 100 percent but I`m at 60-70 percent. Before I was in bed or on the couch most of the day.

If you have anymore questions let me know. Its tuff going through treatment for these diseases but so worth it in the end.

Sandy
  7. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Hey Sandy,

I read that back a couple months ago the FFC was treating you for mycoplasma. After stating the antibiotics, did you notice a worsening of symptoms? If so, how long did they last?

thanks
  8. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

THE HEADACHES ARE GONE SO I MUST HAVE AJUSTED. ITS SO NICE THAT EVERYONE IS SO HELPFUL LOVE GAIL