question about FFC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 15, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I posted question as a reply to another post, however, I wanted to start a new thread so I can get some additional input.

I live in PA and am thinking about going to philly FFC. However, my husband and I are on a limited income and I know insurance doesn't cover it.

Does anyone mind sharing with me approximately how much I'd be looking at spending if I were to go there? I began talking with my husband about it last night, and how they're probably expensive. He said we'd make it work one way or another, as long as I think it's something that will help me. So, he's open-minded about it, which is nice.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Let us know what kind of insurance you have and we can give you a better answer. I had an HMO so I had to pay for all of my labs which so far cost over 2,000. The first two dr visits are $370 because they spend a whole hour with you. Mine was actually longer than an hour. THe rest of the dr appt are $185. IV's are usually around $120 and some a little more. I have had around 7 of those. I recommend them, they make me fell so much better. The supplements are expensive and they will have you on anywhere from 8 to 15 or so of those. They run from 20 to 80 dollars. Many you can buy cheaper online. Most insurance companies pay for prescriptions except for compounded pharmacy scripts. I had a B12 shot that cost around 35. Then I had a gammglobulin shot for 99 and the second for 199. It really adds up without insurance. If you have a PPO, then you can submit bills on your own to get coverage like my sis twinofdar did. See above post. I hope you have a PPO. It sucks to pay for everything!!!! But for me very much worth it! If you have a PPO I say go for it!!!!
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Unfortunately, I have an HMO. I have Keystone Healthplan Central, so it's highly unlikely they'll pay for it.

I would really love to go, because I know they do alot of testing and really try to get to the root of the problem. I get tired of just treating the symptoms. I take Tylenol and Ibuprofen for my constant fevers and aches. There's no medication that has helped me with the fatigue. And I guess I just really want answers as to what's causing my CFIDS.

I'm feeling better now that I talked to my husband about it. He said if I think it's what I need, then we'll find a way to make it work. Just knowing that he's open-minded about it and supportive really helps.

Thanks for your help!

Hugs,
    Kim
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

If you decide to go, be open with the doctor and tell him/her your budget constraints. Then you can make decisions based on cost vs. benefit. Best of luck to you.
  6. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

bumping for more replies
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

One thing I did because I have an HMO is I found out from my sis the typical tests that are run and had my primary care dr. do some for me and I took them when I went to FFC. My dr was very reluctant to do this for me because with HMO the lab $ come out of a pool for all patients, and she had to spend a lot on me. This hurts her financially, which is a bullsh!t reason for her not to try to help me. The FFC used most of these tests and did not have to redo them. You can do a search for a post that lists the typical test given and take it to your HMO dr to see how many is would be willing to do for you.
    Although it sucks to have to pay for this, I find that it was well worth every cent.
    Good luck to you.
    Darlene