question about long do symptoms last?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by genesisatabyss, Sep 10, 2008.

1. genesisatabyss

genesisatabyss New Member

How long do symptoms last? do they come and go? are they better at certain times of day... month ... weather?
  2. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

If there was an easy answer, they'd have a cure!

Things that affect:

there are TONS more.... anyone else?
  3. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Well, most of my symptoms stick around 100% of the time. Sometimes they are a little better, sometimes a little worse, but mostly always there. Definitely seem to be worse for me in the morning, but there are a variety of things that can make it worse - heat, cold, rain, bright sunlight, hormonal changes, etc., etc., etc.
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had FM my whole life. I have had symptoms my whole life. Of course I have good days and bad days and then just normal days...but on all of those "days" I have symptoms...I am never symptom free.

There are things like stress, too much exercise, not enough sleep, weather and so on that make the symptoms worse and there are things like hot tubs and meds that make the symptoms better but they never go away.

My fatigue symptoms tend to be better in the late evening/night.

I have always been a night person.
  5. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Dragon06 – I also find that my fatigue symptoms are better in the late evening/night. I tend to be most painful and fatigued first thing in the morning, but somehow in the late evening, I get a second wind or something. I’ve always been a night person as well, and have always hated mornings. Now the pain and fatigue just makes me hate them more. =)
  6. gennief

gennief New Member

Like an univited guest,my symptoms last as long as they want,they come and go when they want, the mornings are always better for me. The rain, and cold weather make symptoms worst, hot tubs, and heating pads are my true friends.