Question about fibro............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ropaul, Sep 15, 2008.

1. ropaul

ropaul New Member

My friend said that everyone has fibromyalgia because they have pain at some point in there made me very angry...I don't think that everyone feels this way.....there is usually a reason they are in pain..but in fibro we have pain...when there is no known cause...could someone help me understand this....thanks for any help....
  2. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Try this:

There was a post not long ago on this board about how to describe fibro to another person. Try doing a search on the top of this page for it.

As for my take on it, pain in a "normal" person (as in someone without fibro) is the body telling the person something is wrong in that area of the body. A person with fibro, has the body "constantly mifiring pain signals all over the body where there is, in fact, no injury". BIG difference, I must say.
  3. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I agree with vanna. Fibro is a disorder where there is WIDESPREAD pain, all over, not just in one area indicating there is an injury or problem, etc.

Here are some links other threads about this (it's quite a popular topic it seems!)
    <a href=""> How do you describe FMS?? </a>

<a href=""> What do you say when people ask "What's Fibromyalgia?" </a>

<a href=""> How would you describe what its like to have Fibro? </a>

Hope that helps! Your friend is ignorant about this stuff obviously and I hope their words don't affect you too badly. Hang in there!
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

There is so much research finally going on re: fibro. Unfortunately right now we do not have alot of answers. But I can say with out a doubt that Fibro is not everyday pain. No one can even understand what it feels like, unless they have felt it themselves.

5. ropaul

ropaul New Member

Thanks to all for your information...I just get so depressed really hurts when your bestfriend don't understand how I feel...I tried explaining that everyone hurts different...she has a form of Muscular you would think that she would understand..
    On top of all my pain..vertigo..headaches..I am now going through some tests...I think I tore my rotator cuff again..I already had surgery on it twice..but I fell a few weeks ago, and I hurt my I will find out Friday if I need surgery again...when does it ever end..
    I fall down so much that people think its a normal thing for me...I sure dread the cold icy weather..I hurt so much more...
  6. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Especially that 'best friend' of yours who is not very understanding. If certain things you discuss (with toxic people) cause a surge in stress for you, you may be setting yourself up for a nasty flare.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Falling down is not normal to Fibro....if you feel like something else is wrong, please insist that your doc do more tests.