question about fire burning and numbness pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pansygirl, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I have had as part of my fibro pain: numbness, tingling and intense on fire burning pain along with the achy and sharp pains.

I'm trying to understand if the burning and numbness is more of a nerve pain or
    does it fall under the category with all the other fibro pain. I'm confused.

Thanks so much for listening,

Susan
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I have all the pain you describe but no numbness. Numbness is usually associated with MS to my knowledge.

I have burning pain, and electrical pain throughout my body plus countless other types of pain. If I do anything my pain gets much worse and I end up in a wheelchair for days at a time.

I can tell that sometimes it's nerve pain from the Fibro and sometimes it seems like tendon, bone or skin pain which still may be from nerves but may not. I don't think the doctors know yet how much nerves are involved with out pain.

Sorry you're in so much pain too.

tee
  3. loto

loto Member

related to pinched nerves, herniated discs, etc. I've had a large herniation in my spine that required surgery, and it made my legs go numb at times. Don't know if that's a possiblility with you, or where your numbness is, but that's what my problem was. I've also had neck problems that was pinching nerves, causing me to have numbness in my hands. Carpal Tunnel may also cause numbness in the hands. I have one specific spot on my upper back, kind of under my left shoulder blade that at times I feel a burning sensation/electrical sensation. I have no idea what causes it to only occur in that place.
    Just some thoughts!
    loto
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I was told the burning tingling buzzing pain was nerve pain.

have you tried a chrio? I see a upper cerival one. It helps all over with tension numbness and pain.

hope you feel better
  5. italiano

italiano New Member

i have pain and the burning pain both. it's all the fibro is my analysis...which of course is a mystery.
  6. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I have everything that you described. The rhuemy's told me that it was all fibro. Sometimes I wonder if they really know. I do have the numbness in a few places, but more of the other pain you talked about. I know that it hurts so much. I do hope that we all get better and do not have to suffer with this illness. Someday maybe they will find a cure.Take care and I hope your pain gets better.
    hugs to you, Faith
  7. missdiz

missdiz New Member

CONFUSED? I've had fibro for 9 years and I'm still confused & irritated that more research isn't being done. But, to your question. My fibro started with intense burning in my hands and feet. I still have it most of the time with both hands and feet being extremely hot. Achy..a lot. Shar pains & numbness....not so much. Best wishes
  8. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has replied to my question. I"m glad to see
    I'm not alone.

My burning pain is usually in my shoulders and in my feet. I notice it more when my pain
    level is very high. My numbness is in my hands, feet and sometimes arms and legs too.
    Then there is the achyness all over and the chest achyness.
    There is also the sharp pains in various areas that moves around where it wants to.
    My feet burning pain is usually a signal to me that a flare is coming . :(

I have been to a chiropractor last summer and he helped my lower back but then the adjustments started hurting so I chose to stop seeing him.

Instead I chose to start having therapy with a therapist that does myofascial release and craniosacral release and that is helping~ no way is it a cure but it has given me more good times.

Today hasn't been a good day woke up hurting everywhere. But my daughter is sick so I keep moving to take care of her and try to rest when I can.

appreciate your responses
    very gentle hugs, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2009]
  9. jmq

jmq New Member

I have similar symptoms of the pain you have...especially pain in my legs and arms and back...but the only occasional numbness is on my outer theighs. It is so wierd. Its not like a pinched nerve feeling...just feels tingles and if I stick myself with something on it, I hardly feel anything. When I am sleeping, my arms and hands have recently been falling asleep...but that is a totally different feeling. ALL my drs either look at me with a blank stare or they say, oh, its probably the Fibro.

I felt much better when I was getting regular messages and stretching at Physical therapy...but I cant afford it anymore.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated for me and Susan
    jmq
  10. jmq

jmq New Member

I have similar symptoms of the pain you have...especially pain in my legs and arms and back...but the only occasional numbness is on my outer theighs. It is so wierd. Its not like a pinched nerve feeling...just feels tingles and if I stick myself with something on it, I hardly feel anything. When I am sleeping, my arms and hands have recently been falling asleep...but that is a totally different feeling. ALL my drs either look at me with a blank stare or they say, oh, its probably the Fibro.

I felt much better when I was getting regular messages and stretching at Physical therapy...but I cant afford it anymore.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated for me and Susan
    jmq
  11. rikkibud

rikkibud New Member

I also have fibro but what I am feeling now is different. I have sharp pains that take my breath away and even make me react vocally. Right now it is on the top of my left foot and it makes me foot "feel weak" Comes and goes. Also in my elbow at times. It moves around and makes me jerk when I am in bed. I am scared that something else is wrong. Any one ever hear of this?
    I have a spot above my knee that balls up when it "activates" and causes pain up under my ribs and down my leg. I have mentioned this to several doctors but none know what this means. Sometimes i think that they think it is all in my head. BUT I can feel a pea size lump above my knee in the muscle when it acts up. One doctor injected it with cortisone but I felt no relief.
    I am more worried about these new sharo shooting pains now.
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i have a place on the right side of my lower back that sometimes burns so much I can't do anything but sit. I ask Dr. and he just said, where under your hand? I said all over! No reply from him!

If I have to walk to another room and just keepmy hand over it and push ion a little, just to ease the pain to go sit down. after a while, it stops!! I don't know.

I have had my arms go to sleep while sleeping and can't get them "awake". Continue to hurt so much. I have numbness in the ends of my fingers - like now - and in feet.

no one knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentle Hugs,

Lilac
  13. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have a place on my inner thigh, right at the top where the joint is that is numb but itches. My husband used to say, how can it be numb and itch, but now he has a place on his leg that does the same.

Sometimes my feet get numb and cold feeling too.