Question About Flax Oil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Dec 4, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been back on here for a couple of weeks and do apologize. I was having problems staying awake. I was taking Nu-Iron and after being on it a couple of weeks, I just could not stay awake.

I don't really know if that was the problem or not but I stopped taking it and can stay awake now. I would sign on and begin reading posts and just fall asleep at the computer. I posted something about falling asleep here several months ago.

Anyway, it's nice to be back and I see many new people here; HI to you all and welcome.

OK, my question is that I had read here about flax oil/seed, etc. helping with hair loss. Has anyone tried this, like the flax oil gel caps and found it to really work and if so, how long?

I would like to try it but wanted some input first.

Thank you all so much and hope everyone is hanning in there the best we all can.

Thank you,

BlueSky555
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you so much prickles. I would like to take the flax seed but had heard something about flax seed combined with thyroid problems: not good. So, I probably should stick with the oil.

Again, thank you so much. When I comb my hair, the brush is so full of hair, I get so scared. Also, when do you take it or does it matter? Big Thanks!

BlueSky555
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi BlueSky,

As I eat little oily fish, I take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil by adding it to my museli every morning, I also add a teaspoon of Lecithin.

These are high in omega 3 and omega 6 EFAs that are absolutely ESSENTIAL for every part of your body - hence being called Essential Fatty Acids.

The body is basically made of oil and water which is why we need EFAs. Since taking these with Spirulina I haven`t looked back...

Hair loss could be due to low thyroid - another symptom of this is shortening of eyebrows on the outer edges... May help to get some iodine in the form of kelp tablets or eat some lightly toasted dried Noori seaweed sheets - unbelieveably nice...

Pat.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Blue Sky,
    Whenever I am losing lots of hair, I use a medicated shampoo. After one bottle my hair stops breaking and falling out. I can really see the difference. I'm sorry, I can't remember the name, but I got it from my local beauty supply. (I just remembered - it's Nioxin). It really helped me.

Also, please be careful with flax seed. I don't know if you are on any medications that tend to thin your blood, but please find out, before you take it. Flax seeds make me hemorrage.

Good luck
    Terty

[This Message was Edited on 12/05/2006]
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you ALL so much for your responses; twice to you prickles (smile). Glad you went back to look.

Terty, I'm on blood pressure med; does that count? Thats scarry also. I'm glad you found out. I was also talking about the flax oil gel caps; not the flax seed.

I asked my endocrinologist and he said that "thyroid disease" is a "broad" word; meaing there are so many types of thyroid problems. I'm not sure but thing I'm hypothyroid.

Also, if you think of the name of the medicated shampoo, would you let me know?

Pat, I read the bottle and read some of what you are telling me on the bottle; Thank you.

Thank you so much for the information. I'm still wondering if I should try it; my dr. doesn't even know.

Be Safe,

BlueSky555
  6. Gly

Gly New Member

Could it be Nioxin? I belong to a long hair forum and have read lots of posts about Nioxin for thinning hair.

The ground flax seeds sound like something to check out.
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you, Stormyskye and gly. I haven't tried the shampoo. I have not heard of it. I'll take a look into that; thank ou gly.

Also, I'm going to try the flax oil and hope I will get some results, Stormyskye; you always come through; thank you.

BlueSky555