Question about food intolerances... :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hi there...I am starting to think I have an intolerance to milk... My question is: if this is so will I see an improvement if I can only reduce intake (my SO has to do all the shopping and it's hard enough for him already so I don't want him checking the label of absolutely everything!)? Or, to see any improvement would I have to completely cut it out..?
    Thanks.. Shelbo :)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2009]
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sometimes it depends on what symptoms the intolerance creates. It can be dose related somtimes.

For instance, if alot of dairy causes diarrhea, then you might be able to tolerate small amounts....just depends.

On the other hand, if sugar, for example, causes increased pain, then even small amounts hidden in foods can be a problem.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

What makes you think you are intollerant to milk? What are your symptoms?
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I have an intolerance to dairy and only have to cut out certain dairy foods (which my allergist told me was normal). For example, I can't drink milk at all or eat ice cream without digestive issues to follow, but I can eat cheese, yogurt and use butter. I also cannot eat Milk Chocolate without getting sick after because of the dairy content, so I eat dark chocolate (no dairy).

So you may be okay with cutting out foods rich in dairy. It really depends on your symptoms. I would suggest talking to an allergist to find out for sure that it's dairy tho. Food intolerance is a sneaky business and it may actually be something else IN the milk rather than the milk itself.
    Hope this helps!

best wishes