question about gatorade

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Jun 23, 2006.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hi all i have a question about gatorade. i am in terrible pain all over. it has always been bad but i can't seem to get the pain down right now. i know we all have flares for no reason but do you think drinking to much gatorade could bring one on and just keep it sticking around?

that is the only thing different that i have done. i can't stand i can't sit i can't lay down on one spot for long. i love to read and i can not even hold a book. it is taking me along time to type this message.

i also have menieres disease (inner ear trouble) so on top of the flare of fibro i am dizzy ok well i am always dizzy (so they tell me lol) but i mean spinning no matter what i do.

anyway i said alot just to ask a question sorry any ideas about gatorade?

thank s for listening glenda
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, Gatorade is full of sugar which you don't need and shouldn't be eating or drinking except in fresh fruit. Have you been tested for Candida?

Drink lots of water with a squeeze of fresh lemon if you find plain water boring. Just cut out the simple sugars, anything that says sugar, fructose or glucose - or any sugar substitute.

Poor you! It sounds like you're miserable! Here's a hug ((((()))))

Marta
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

If I am out in the heat I will go into a store and grab a cold Gatorade. Then I will have my Pepsi (diet) and then I will alternate between between the two. I don't even sweat.

NyroFan
  4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thank everyone! guess i'll give it up. i tried it instead of coke. i gave that up to. i do like some water but i also like greentea do yu think that would do the same as gatorade? thank you for the hugs marta.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am always getting dehydrated and have found a good solution to the problem. I like mine with lemon juice, this is cheaper and better for you than Gatorade all we get with that is too much sugar and not enough electrolytes.

Sugar is important in the absorption of electrolytes and we all need a little just not too much for those of us with these DDs.

It is best to drink small amounts frequently.

1 liter of water
    8 level teaspoons of sugar
    1 level teaspoon of table salt mixed

1/2 cup of orange juice or 1/2 of a mashed banana can be added to each liter both to add potassium and to improve taste.

Thanks,

Karen
  6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thanks for the good info.i'll have to try it.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think Gatorade has Aspartame in it and that's why I quit drinking it.

I just bought some Arizona Iced Green Tea yesterday. I had never tried it before but I love it.

It's possible the Aspartame is bringing on your problems right now. I'm sorry you're not feeling well...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  8. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

My cfs doctor is very adverse to his patients having any stuff like gatorade or other types of sport drinks. Many of them have some unpleasant stuff in them like aspartane and high levels of sugar which can really knock us around.

If I have anything with aspartane in it I just lock up with muscle pain and stiffness. Diet Coke etc., is definitely out for me.

Consider trying this - this is what I do at home.

I buy lemons when they are cheap and juice and freeze them in ice cube trays and store them in the freezer. Each morning, I put two lemon juice ice cubes in a small jug of water near the kitchen sink. Everytime I have a drink of water I sloush a little pure lemon juice in the water. This helps my muscles absorb the water better.
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

That is a healthy and alkalizing drink. I make batches of lemon or lime water in the summer, its very thirst quenching. I don't add sugar, bad for candida and lowers immune system.

the recipe w/ 8 tsp of sugar, plus all that table salt sounds really unhealthy. Both sugar and salt are acid forming, a healthy body is alkaline and both lower your immune system. I avoid using any sugar, except for the odd cookie, my own indulgance, and only use sea salt. I eat lots of raw veggies too and cook w/ lots of herbs, spices and hot stuff, and drink a variety of pure herbal teas.

Another lovely and very healthy drink, either hot or cold is ginger root tea w/ lemon, some like honey to taste, I prefer it w/out. I put the pot in the fridge and refill it w/ water several times, its good for about 4 days. My fiance loves it cold, it gets really spicey.

Jeanne
  10. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thank you all for the info. i will not do the gatorade thing anymore.
    i do like lipton greentea w/citrus. i guess it will be that and water.

glenda
  11. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Check out the contents of the lipton's tea: some of them are full of nasties.