Question about going on disability?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brensjoy, Feb 14, 2006.

1. brensjoy

brensjoy New Member

Hello everybody!

I'm brand new to the boards, brand new to computers actually. It's really nice to come to a place where people can actually relate to what I'm living with. To say that it can be challenging at times is a serious understatement.

I hoping someone can advice me on what course of action to take. I was on disability and it just recently ran out. My doctor has adviced me to apply for permanent disability and I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it. Should I simply apply for permanent disability or should I seek legal council before doing so? I heard most people who apply get turned down and I wanted to make sure I do everything the right way.

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

or go down there and make an appt to file...youo could have stated that day on on your disabiltiy...

jopdioe
  3. brensjoy

brensjoy New Member

I'm prepared to get an attorney, worse case scenario, but should I try without one first? Or is a better idea to start of with a lawyer?
  4. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

someone else just recently posted of this and they were told you cant retain the attorney untill you have been denied i guess i dont know for a fact just what i have heard from someone else here but makes sense cuz there is nothing for them to really fight untill you ve been turned down. besides yo really wanna share the money if you dont have to lol...... hope i make sense not sure i do anymore ... lots of luck kim