Question about "Growing Pains"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cricket_23, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Cricket_23

Cricket_23 New Member

I was just wondering how many of you experienced "growing pains" as a child? I always had really bad muscle pain in my legs and sometimes in my arms when I was younger. The doc just said it was growing pains. But, as we all know now, there is no such thing plus I still get them and I am 21 now and don't think I am really growing anymore :) Just wondering if I am alone in this and if it could be from the Fibromyalgia.

Cricket :)
  2. Cricket_23

Cricket_23 New Member

I was just wondering how many of you experienced "growing pains" as a child? I always had really bad muscle pain in my legs and sometimes in my arms when I was younger. The doc just said it was growing pains. But, as we all know now, there is no such thing plus I still get them and I am 21 now and don't think I am really growing anymore :) Just wondering if I am alone in this and if it could be from the Fibromyalgia.

3. whsechick

whsechick New Member

I had severe "growing pains" as a child. Actually I still get them, but not as bad. Mom says thats why I'm so tall! (6 ft) I don't know if this is related to fibro, but it sure would be interesting if it was.

Smile!
    whsechick
  4. little

little Member

I was told the same thing when I was little. I'm 57 now and I still have it,I know that it isn't growing pains.The shins were the worst. My daughter is 36 and has the same thing. HAVE A GREAT DAY. GAIL
  5. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I had them as a child also. Have wondered if there was a connection myself.
  6. epicurean

epicurean New Member

yes I had them as a child-remember our old Dr. telling my Mom they were just growing pains.
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I remember waking up at night with severe leg pains. I would often wrap my legs in a blanket. The warmth seemed to help. I'm sure now I had fibromyalgia back then.

Ellen
  8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I had "growing pains" so bad that I could hardly function. Doctors said it was just because I was tall. I had grown to 6'5" by the time I was in ninth grade. Fortunately I stopped at that! Those "growing pains" lessened over time, but have never gone away, in fact, they're back with a vengence with this DD. Interesting subject! My curiosity is peaked!
  9. tamara!

tamara! New Member

Yu sound just like me!!! I'm 31 and at your age I said the same thing.When I was dx with fibro it wasn't even a question of if the "growing pains" were from the fibro,I always knew something was wrong with me,so I was sure
    the pain was from the fibro. I still have it and I haven't grown any except a little wider!lol
  10. Val

Val New Member

when I was young, Mum used to wrap me up and keep me warm.
    My Daughter had growing pains all her childhood and still gets the same pains and she is 22 years old. We are thinking she has F.M. too. At the moment she is getting tested for R.A.
    If the blood tests come back normal and rule out R.A. I think we can really start to go down the road of checking her for F.M.As yet she hasn't mentioned to the doctor that her Mum has F.M.
    I am sorry you get so much pain. At your age you should be able to make the most of enjoying your 20s.
    I wish you as pain free a day as possible and may your guiding star be bright.
    Shalom...Val.
  11. Cricket_23

Cricket_23 New Member

I think I am going to do some more research on this and I will let you all know if I find anything out. Thanks for all of your support!

Lots of love and hugs,
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Yup, I had bad growing pains as a kidtoo. My oldest son
    has always had them also. He is 11 now. I really wander if he has fm also. I hope not, but time will tell.
  13. Lanie

Lanie New Member

They were horrible. I had them in my hips and legs and it would be so painful, it would keep me up for nights on end!
    Well, now I just call the pains FM.
    Lanie
  14. JP

JP New Member

I had horrible growing pains...never went to a doc for them...never went to a doc for much of anything as a child.

JP