Question about increased oily skin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pammy52, Jul 30, 2006.

1. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Although my skin has always been on the oily side it is so much more so the past few months.
    I feel like butter or oil has been rubbed all over my face..even minutes after washing it. Really annoying feeling.

I know that the hot humid weather is contributing to a degree but I was wondering if any of it is related to any of the supp. I am now taking.

Fatigued to Fantastic formula with B complex
    Vit D3
    Subling. B12
    Plant enzyme formula
    Probiotic
    Peaceful Nights for sleep
    Fish oil (liquid) but have been out of that for 3 weeks now.

Only new med is cytomel for T3 thyroid boost.

Any thoughts??

Thanks, Pammy
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I have been annoyed lately with excessively oily skin. I HATE it. I take Vit D in my Cal/mag/D combo and I take fish oil. I am not taking any of the others you listed. I take fish oil capsules, not liquid.

I'm not sure if any of these are the culprits or not.

Linda
  3. vbjess

vbjess New Member

I had that problem for a while, too. Try the neutrogena face wash pads. They are soft on one side and bumpy on the other. You use the soft side first to wash your face, and then the bumpy side to exfoliate. You have to splash warm water on your face before using the pad, and thne cool water afterwards, so it closes up your pores.

I think certain lotions can make the problem worse- I used nivea hand creme on my face for a while and it seemed to help, as long as I washed my face twice a day.

Hope this helps!

Jess
  4. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

for your replies.

I only wash my face with either a green tea soap or cuticura soap.
    Don't use lotion or moisturizer.
    I have been using witch hazel for the past 2 days to see if that helps a bit.

My diet is mostly fresh veggies and fruit and protein so it is interesting that my face is so much more oily since I have been eating so well.
    I have been working on the dietary changes and supplements for the past 3 months so felt as though there was some connection there.

I was just wondering if this is part of my system cleaning itself out.

Pammy

5. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

I have the same problem, but I think it's caused by the hot humid weather we're having. I use Clinique bar soap for oily skin. It works really well. It's about $10 for a bar but it lasts a really really long time. I also use face powder but use a brush to put it on. Also you might want to buy some of the oil-blotting papers that you can carry around in your purse. They work great! (Look at oily skin as a blessing because your skin will look younger as you age!)

Hope this helps.

B~~
  6. joanng

joanng New Member

Since I took off the fentynal patch the super oily skin (I felt like it was dripping!) has gotten better but I was always prone to oily skin but this weather certainly doesn't help at all. I just started using some new products, a soapless mud wash and a Glycolic acid (15%); Salicylic acid (2%); L-Ascorbic acid (10%); Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel to control the breakouts and oil and its helping a lot. Let me know if you're interested in the names and I'll send you the info. My daughter went for a facial and the girl recommended this product line. They have stuff for teens and stuff for old ladies like me who still suffer from acne! Those oil blotters are good to carry in your bag too. This could just be short term because of the weather.
  7. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Appreciate everyones input.
    I will give some of the ideas a try.

Blue...I grinned when I read your post about aging...my mom has always told me that....I am 54..and yes I do have a more youthful complexion then many of my friends.
    I have always had somewhat oily skin but it is to the extreme the past few months.

Just so yucky feeling!!

Hugs, Pammy