Question About Juicing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Prunella, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Prunella

Prunella New Member

I have a juicer that expells the pulp. Does anyone have a juicer that keeps the pulp with the juice? Are there any specific brands that work well?

I am having a flare-up of IBS-D after a four day vacation. It is hard to be strict about my diet when on vacation. I am heading out to pick up my weekly box of organic veggies that we subscribe to. Won't be able to eat much because of this diarrhea. Thought I might dig out my old juicer. Juiced zucchini...Hmmm! Any recipes for veggies that are in season now?

I aways get a bad headache with this D, so I hope I am up for all the work.
  2. Prunella

Prunella New Member

That would be great if a blender works! No need to buy something new and expensive! Thanks for the info!

3. victoria

victoria New Member

if you want to be able to pulverize anything, you can use a Vitamix, they're more expensive tho...

but with that it is possible to turn anything into a 'mush' -- uh, I'm calling it 'raw soup'! - with it. A lot of raw foodists consider it a necessary item even alongside a food processor and a juicer.

best,
    Victoria
  4. Prunella

Prunella New Member

Thanks for the info on Vitamix.

Instead of getting out my blender, I got out my Magic Bullet (as seen on TV, I bought mine for under $50 at Target last year). It worked!!! It is small and easy to use. Not intimidating at all. I juiced tomatoes and cukes with ease. They became a frothy "soup". All it takes is a few seconds. Next time I will do it a little shorter! You can make one or two servings at a time and it's easy clean-up.