Question about letter from Judge?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan5473, Aug 2, 2005.

1. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

My lawyer and I just got a letter from the Judge wanting me to see their doctor for consultative meeting. I have already had the Psychiatrist evaluation done almost 2 years ago. I have been waiting for a court date and now this.

How long will this take and what is involved? Can the Judge rule on this doctor's decision without meeting with me? My doctor is willing to fill out the RFC papers, should I send them in now or wait until I see the judge?

Guess you can tell I am all confused over this and don't know what to do or what to expect! I have arthritis and Fibro. Please give any helpful advice on what experiences you have had with this kind of situation.

Thanks, Jan in Mississippi

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

SS had me see one of their docs. He is just another doc in practice who does SSD evaluations. I think this is quite normal.

Love, Mikie
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

make sure you leave your vanity at home. Wear no make up and dont do your hair any way that looks like you put any energy into it.

Docs and judges make first impressions too and you want theirs to reflect how you feel on the inside not how you look on the outside.

I didnt have any trouble cuz when I went I was so bad off I only had energy to bathe once every few day and washing my hair was a major energy user so I looked like someone had spread grease on my hair and drug me out of bed while I was still asleep.

Of course I fell asleep in the chair while waiting to see the doc too.
  4. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Thanks for your responses. I talked to my lawyer and she said it is pretty normal to see their doctor. She said I will still have a hearing and all.

As far as how to do my hair and make up when I go--there is no problem there. I've gotten to the point those are the least of my worries anymore. I use my energy on other things beside vanity. So I imagaine when they see me they will know I don't feel so good.

Thanks again, Jan
  5. Logand

Logand New Member

I saw the SSD doctor over a year ago. All he did was tell me to bend this way, then that way. Then he had me stand on my heels and toes and check my reflexes. The only thing fibromyalgia-related was that he checked my tender points. I think he did check my tender points. It took all of maybe 15 minutes.

I wasn't impressed.

Michelle

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  6. nina2

nina2 New Member

How bout the psych evaluation?

QUESTION: Do you feel sad?

ANSWER : Aw no, actually I'm quite pleased with my physical deterioration and I look forward to what I can't do with each new day!

Cheezzzz.......

This question comes after they hand you doll clothing and ask you to zip up the zipper and unbutton the shirt.

I guess if you can do these things you are not suffering from any significant debilitating depression .
    go figure,
    nina
  7. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

The psych question that really got me was "What makes you happy?" This was asked while I was sitting there crying. What kind of answer do they want---I mean winning a million dollars makes me happy!! Are they talking about giddy happy or delirious or what???

How can they ask these questions and then decide how we feel or what we go through everyday?? Aren't we judged enough on a daily basis already without some so called professional judging and labeling us too?

I don't need a Psych to tell me what I think or how I feel!

Sorry to be going off here, it is late and I have had the burning feet today and no sympathy from my husband. Thanks for listening. Jan
  8. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

I got my appointment letter today and I don't see their doctor until Oct. 7th. Boy do they drag this out or what? The appointment is over 50 miles from my home too. I live a few miles from Memphis and they are sending me to some little town in Mississippi.

The letter also said they would make a decision on my claim after this visit. So I don't know if I will still see a judge or not. All I can do is sit and wait I guess.
    Jan