Question about low blood pressure, and high heart rate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vp, Nov 21, 2005.

1. vp

vp New Member

I've felt pretty crappy all day. Didn't have Ambien to take last night, so I didn't sleep, but other than that nothing different med. wise. I didn't go to class today, and stayed in bed all day. Finally went to get Ambien filled and they have one of those blood pressure machines. I took it 4 times and it averaged to 103/63 and heart rate at 96 bmp. I know these machines aren't accurate, but it does explain the dizziness and the spacy feling. I thought I was just more tired than usual.

Any ideas on what this combo would mean, or what may have caused it? I'm off to go search the internet, but not sure how far I'll get. I'll check back here in a little while.

Valerie
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I have the same problem you do, only my BP can go as low as 74/55, I wish mine were as high as yours!
    Low BP causes heart palpitations which explains your fast pulse, when you exercise your veins dilate which will cause your BP to drop even further, the best thing to do is have something salty or eat a piece of liqorice (not the sweet sugary kind but the salty one).

If your BP drops as low as mine, vital organs doesn't get proper blood perfusion and toxins can't be eliminated, making everything worse. Your BP isn't that low, and it is easy to fix, just have anything salty.
    I hope you feel better.

Phoebe
  3. vp

vp New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I feel a little better today, but I can still tell it's low. When I turn my head it feels like the rest of the room has to catch up to me. Not dizzy enough to sit down, but just enough to know something is not right. I've been craving salty food too. My roomie brought home potato chips, something I havn't had in a long time. Trying not to gain anymore weight, but I counldn't resist. I'm going to have to go buy some dill pickles, Full of salt and less fat than chips. Mmmmmmm.

Valerie

[ advertisement ]