Question about magnesium - hanginthere?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I have been very interested in your recent experience with magnesium. Hallelujah that you found something that has helped! I started taking magnesium last week, but I'm wondering about the dosage you take, also the kind.

I get so overwhelmed when I go to a health food store and there are so many different kinds of magnesium, or any supplement for that matter. The kind I bought last week is "magnesium/calcium/zinc." What kind do you take? You said you take four at bedtime (I believe that's right? correct me if I'm wrong!), what dosage is that? Do you only take it at bedtime?

I'm going to start being more faithful taking magnesium, also the Calcium Pyruvate (it hasn't done much for me but I'll keep trying since I have it here!) ... I'm hoping I can report good results like yours after a while. How long did it take you to see positive results?

Thanks for your help!!

Kat
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

she mentioned 4 250 mg tabs at night time... i'm gonna try this myself

jodie
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Thanks - I'll try your regimen and let you know how it goes!!

Blessings to you!
    Kat
  4. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I take about 750mg at bedtime and almost saw immediate result from it in my energy levels.

Other vitamins & mineral supplements took me more then 6 months to really notice their benefits, and then they had happened so gradually that I slipped into the bad habit of not taking them and it took about 3 months of that for me to realize that "HEY...those vitamins were helping!"

So now I faithfully take my vitamins (well as faithfully as I can remember them!)

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i can't sleep...i was bummed but i am having really high anxieity tonight crying and stress...

i will give it another try tonight...

i had only maybe two hours sleep yesterday saturday night...

none to day sunday night..i up still andit is going on 4 am..i have to get up at 7:30 and drive my son to school..theni have the maintence man coming in at 9 am....oh boy...

then myfriend ist taking m out to dinner at chevy's and i may have a maragrita as well for my after b-day dinner...it was on xmas and well it gets so busy for everyone so i told her lets do it when it isnt so crazy with shoppers and traffic and the attitudes from some people...

anyways i hope i can get a nap before the b-day dinner...

jodie
  6. coping1961

coping1961 New Member

magnesium can sometimes block the absorbsion of other meds.
    i would check this before taking at the same time as your other meds. this happened to a family member and it was like he never took the other meds he got very sick. i think 2-3hrs between the mag. and other meds.

ps... has anyone found a brand that is not huge? most of all my supplements are huge, i think this one reason i don't stick with them sometimes. best of luck karen
  7. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

magnesium, but w/having IBS, it stimulates diarrhea right off the bat. I tried it knowing that probably would happen, but was desparate for some kind of relief.

So glad you all are having good results on taking it. Maybe someday something will be discovered that will help me & the rest of us w/gut issues.

I would surely love to feel better..Take care...
    Fifth

8. sdown

sdown New Member

My doc has my on 15 drops of magnesium chloride in liquid form a day. Ten drops is equal to 380 mg. Doc said take 15 drops in the am and 15 drops in pm. Doc stated something about it helping the cells. I forget if she said it helps regenerate them or what but something to do with the cells. I went thru a very bad year with sinus infections so I think this is a temporary dosage till I get more strength back.