Question about Malic acid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys!
    Does anyone know if it helps taking malic acid along with Magnesium?
    I found a site that sells just malic acid alone as a supplement. Its very reasonable in price.
    I wondered if that alone helps FM or if I'd benifit way more when taking both together,.... Mag & malic.
    If taken together,...whats the ratio?
    Anyone?
    Thanks so much
    Tandy
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

maybe someone knows??

maybe not :)
  3. fmscfids

fmscfids New Member

Some people respond to malic acid and magnesium and some don't....like me....I took it for a month...nothing but more trips to the bathroom :)
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've been an advocate of magnesium since I learned about it here and the results were amazing for me.

But...I just started taking the Fibro Complete daily vitamin with Malic Acid...and let me tell ya, I haven't felt this great in 2 years.

I bought it here at the Pro Health Store and felt a small wonderful spark on the first and second day. The third and fourth day I was up and attem. (sp?)

Now I almost feel unstoppable and it's wonderful.

You might want to start with a good multi that has all the right things in it already instead of trying to take everything individually.

Although it may seem expensive, it really isn't cause I tossed about 4 or 5 of my individual supps when I started just taking this daily vitamin.

Please consider trying this...

Nancy B.

5. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

has both. Has 5mg sodium, 450 mg magnesium (as magnesium malate) and 2.5g malic acid (as magnesium malate and malic acid) Don't have a clue what all that really means. Maybe you will. I can't remember whether it was Stormyskye that has that supplement routine or someone else on here. You are welcome to check my profile and search my previous posts to see. I think you can just search for supplements and find it. I've been having touble with my search timing out or something. Think it's just my computer though. There was quite a long list, so I just picked a few and just started on them. I figured if I took them all at once I wouldn't have any idea which one was helping.
  6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I take malic Acid with Magnesium. It is supposed to help you absorb the Mag better. However, tonight my Fibro Brain can't remember where I got that information.
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

for your help~
    I'll prolly do both together,... cause I've read it many times that they work together better.
    Will also look into that multi.
    Thanks again :)
  8. msmac

msmac New Member

Mine, (by chiropractor) is 400 mg magnesium and 30 mg malic acid. It is a professional formula, not sure if it is sold anywhere else.

He also has me on a special diet. All is really helping.

I have felt normal for the last 4 days, no headaches, no muscle pain, (even though ALberto is upon us!!), and no fatigue!!! Longest good time in 8 months!!
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

MsMac

Hope I got that right?

My mind is waaaaaay out there today~
    :)