question about massages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by providerwatcher, Oct 18, 2008.

1. providerwatcher

providerwatcher New Member

For those of you who visit a massage therapist regularly, what kind of massage do you feel brings you the most relief. Thanks.
  2. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

I have found that Asians are highly skilled masseurs. I have been going to the same practice for years. You must communicate with them - if you want to start gently, tell them so, because they will want to massage quite firmly (to create healing). good luck TN
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I see a massage therapist regularly, and she is very good at working on sick people.

I have her work on my feet only, and be very, very gentle. It brings me several hours of feeling better afterwards. So it's a nice treat.

Another benefit is that she can tell if the various treatments I try are helping me by how my feet are doing. They used to be "like concrete" according to her. Since I've been doing heart supporting supplements, methylation supplements, and mold detox, they've gotten a lot better. She says they are now like "someone else's feet"!

She has several clients with fibromyalgia, and me with just CFS, and she says that the difference between us is that the clients with FM feel pain while she is doing the actual massage, but then feel better afterwards, while I feel fine during the massage, but then hurt afterwards if she used too much pressure.

There have been a couple times when she used too much pressure and I hurt for several days afterwards. This is why I only have her work on my feet!

I've been seeing her for years and years, so by now she's gotten very good at working on me.

I hope this helps! Good luck with finding a good MT!

4. frostymocha

frostymocha New Member

I had 2 both with an experienced professional that worked with CFS and FM patients but both times I thought I would die afterwards - My Dr told me not to do this again since my CFS was cuased by viruses and until or unless I can fight them off I produce toxins and any amount of massage leaves me so ill I cant function for 2 weeks. So........ I think there is a lot to be said about the individuals condition and the basis for their CFS to think about.
  5. simonedb

simonedb Member

can kick my ars
    I am careful about when I do them and how long etc
    they feel great at the time but are sort of like the post-exertional malaise thing for me, can knock me down the next day for days or at times weeks.
  6. tofumama

tofumama New Member

I used to be an Ayurvedic massage therapist and would highly recommend this sort of massage. It is VERY gentle and designed to help your body release toxins. I have had it done and never feel sore or sick after. It is designed to help your lymph system release, well, junk lol and it feels wonderful.

With any massage you MUST drink plenty of water after. This helps your body flush out anything that was stirred up. Otherwise your body will just reabsorb it.