Question about NADH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrissy2, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi, everyone.

What a tragic day with the space shuttle Columbia blowing up. My family and I will continue to pray for God's comfort to all.

~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*

I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions for me:

I just bought some NADH (Enada brand)and took my first one this morning. I took a 5mg tablet with water. It says to take on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal. Does it matter if I drink coffee before? Cuz I would have a real problem not drinking a cup of joe when I first get up (smile).

Also, is 5mg good to try to start?

Thank you,
    Chrissy
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I've seen a lot of posts about NADH. I'd like to know what it is (what do the initials stand for) and what it is used for. Thanks!

Annette2
  3. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Thanks for all the responses. I'll up my dose to 10 mg and wait 30 minutes for my coffee (what a BABY I am about having my coffee!)

Have a good day!
    Chrissy
  4. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Monday, February 03, 2003

PAINKILLERS ON THE MARCH

FEBRUARY 3. A new Harris poll concludes that 44 percent of Americans who take over-the-counter painkillers are overdosing themselves.

The MSNBC piece on this study also mentions a 1999 New England Journal report, which stated that, every year, 16,500 Americans die from taking aspirin and other similar drugs (known as NSAIDs).

I don’t know, seems to me that Tommy Thompson ought to gear up some of his FRONT-LINE HEALTH RESPONDERS for that situation. They wouldn’t even have to take a smallpox shot to go out into the field.

Oops, wait. I have another study here, not mentioned in the MSNBC piece. It just fell out of a plane and fluttered down on my lawn. Journal of Rheumatology, 1991, Supplement 28, volume 18, “NSAID Gastropathy,” James Fries. 70.000 PEOPLE ARE HOSPITALIZED, AND 7000 DIE IN A YEAR, FROM THE EFFECTS OF NSAIDS. Looks like the death rate is rising. But that hospitalization figure. My, my, Tommy, better get busy.

I’m SURE it’s all the overdoser’s fault. Couldn’t be the drugs. Let’s see, this new Harris Poll that put the blame squarely on the user was funded by whom? Pfizer and Pharmacia. Yeah. Got it.

5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

to start. She said within 2 weeks of taking 20 mgs of NADH I will know if it helps or not. I have been only taking it for a few days - I bought a 30 day supply so I'm going to keep it up for at least 30 days.
  6. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi!

I've upped my dosage to 15mg each morning.

The NADH I bought was about $25.95 for 30 5mg tablets! Is there a cheaper way I can buy it???

Thanks!
    Chrissy
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I got 120 5mg pills for 59.99 - plus I got a catalog that was 20% off all orders until March 1st so that made it even cheaper. Another plus about ordering here is a flat rate $5.95 shipping and some of the $ goes to help us. Amy
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is one of the chemicals produced in the Krebs Cycle, which is necessary to produce ATP for energy. Our Krebs Cycles aren't normal because our mitochondria cannot function normally.

It is not a pain medication.

Love, Mikie
  9. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Amy, thanks for the info! However, I went on the Prohealth site and could not see that special. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Chrissy
  10. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

NADH 5mg/60 tablets $36.99 or buy 2 for $59.99 - save 45%
    Go to the store section & click on the free catalog thing & get a catalog. You get a lot more deals ordering thru the catalog over the phone. Quick too. My last order I placed on a friday & got it on monday. Go figure!! I thought it would be a few weeks.
  11. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Thanks, Amy! I'll go back and look again.

Have a great weekend :eek:)

-Chrissy

[ advertisement ]