Question about Nexium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GrannyOf4, Oct 14, 2008.

1. GrannyOf4

GrannyOf4 New Member

I've been taking nexium for a while now, the 40mg capsules, and I guess they might be losing their effectiveness because they don't work as well as they did. So I was wondering if anyones Dr. has ever prescribed taking the 40mg twice a day or if you know someone who might be taking this dosage already. Thanks everyone for all your help every time I have a question. I can get answers here faster and more reliable than from any place else. Thanks, Granny
  2. fallenstar1962

fallenstar1962 New Member

I too am on the 40mg Nexium though mine are delayed release tablets. My doctor has me taking one tab in the morning and another before bed at night. I also take Celebrex 200mg and Cyclobenzaprine 10mg per day. My doc said the Celebrex is very hard on my stomach and wants me to take Nexium.

I also found one tablet a day was not working and that's when he put me on twice a day. It does seem to help much better, not so many problems at night.

Hope this information helps.

3. meowee

meowee New Member

hi granny,
    I take two 40mg of Nexium when I get up. Sometimes I take two before dinner or at bedtime depending on how I am.

Hope this helps.
  4. GrannyOf4

GrannyOf4 New Member

I've always heard that Nexium was a short term drug. And to not take it longer than 8 weeks, but my Dr. knows how long I've been on it and she doesn't say anything so I don't either. I used to take aciphex but my insurance stopped covering it. All I know is if I miss just one day I pay for it at bedtime. I'll try the two 40mg for a few days and see what happens. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. Its very appreciated. Gran
  5. quanked

quanked Member

I was prescribed Prilosec for Gerd in 1992. It was new then. I was told then that it was for short term use. I still take it. I tried it twice a day awhile back but it did not do what I wanted it to do and stopped. I guess, in some things for some people, more is not always better.

Not sure what the difference is between Prilosec Nexium. Nexium came out several years after Prilosec.