Question about pain and visits to the bathroom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Sep 17, 2003.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Has anyone noticed that when they are having a lot of pain (I'm in the middle of a major flare right now) that they are running to the bathroom more often to urinate? I go a lot normally, but when my pain increases the bathroom is practically my second home. I understand the frequent urination is another problem is FM. I also have IBS off and on even when I am not flaring. Fortunately, it's just my husband and I at home and he isn't in there a lot. At work it's definitely more of a problem.

I just thought of another question. When you are in a flare, how many of you who exercise still try to do so?

Ellen
  2. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

Greetings Ellen!

I am so sorry to hear about your problem. Yes, according to my doctor, FMS runs around your body and "attacks" different areas at different times.

Since you are in a flare, it seems logical to believe this is part of it. However, I would definitely check to see if you have a UTI. My last experience with this had me in tears and after taking a days worth of antibiotics I was feeling much better.

IBS is another thing...I take probiotics and Perfect Food and believe it does help.

Personally, I do not exercise when in a flare. You may want to try a few gentle stretches and see how it goes. Salt baths, moist heat and a call to the Dr. regarding a posible urinary tract infection may be your best bet.

Feel better soon.

Soaring