Question about partial loss of vision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pcaron, Jul 30, 2006.

1. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I sometimes will lose pratial vision, in my central vision everything is fine but the objects around it fade out. It will last for about an hour or so and then go back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have told my doctor and he looks in my eyes and says they look just fine. But sometime it is scary, I don't like the feeling of not being able to see well. Not a good thing when I'm trying to drive either. At those time I just take things a bit slower then normal.

Any replys would be greatly appricated.

pcaron
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I've notice that you have been concerned about this on
    another Post on another day. I've had a similar Problem
    all my life since I was a very little boy. It seldom lasts
    very long and happens more rarely now that I'm much older
    for some reason. I've had it on occassions while driving
    but always was able to pull over for a few mins. until it
    cleared up. The vision seems to correct itself most quick-
    ly if I happen to see a pretty lady walk by in front of me!

It may be a blood sugar or protein thing. Would not be too
    concerned if you are not also getting lightheaded or dizzey. But cont. to be aware.

Bye 4 Now,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

before. FOr me it's almost like a shimmery snake in my vision that is moving around. It goes away in an hour or so.

Do a google search "eye+migraine" If that is what you are experiencing then you can read about it. If it's not them you should see an opthamologist.

Hope this helps and hope it's nothing to worry about. We already have enough on our plates!
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Pcaron, I posted recently about a blindness episode that I experienced in my left eye in the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom. I could seen nothing...total blackness..from my left eye for a couple of minutes. My vision returned gradually and the following day my left eye hurt and I felt pressure behind the eye and blurryness and a headache on the left side of my head.

I saw an Opthalmologist afterwards who found no problem with my eyes but ordered a series of tests to rule out TIA and/or Amaurosis Fugax (you can Google these if you wish). I also have an appt. with a Neurologist.

With FMS and CFIDS there is sometimes a tendency toward unusual eye problems. But, I think it is always wise to have eyes checked whenever one experiences anything out of the ordinary. If I were you, I'd have it checked out just to know what you are dealing with.

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]
  5. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I may have asked about this before but it has been getting worse. Plus I am so forgetful, I should have thought to look it up on my posts.

I will have to look up your suggestions and make an appt to see the eye doc. I have seen the ophthalmologists before and maybe it's just time to go back and see him again.

Thanks again for the replys.

pcaron