question about prayer night

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by inpain3, Oct 4, 2002.

1. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

what days are prayer days? i know it is in the evening, but which day/days?
    i pray almost constantly, and would love to pray as the group does...
    thanks!
    God bless!!

inpain3

...when two or more gather in His name.........
  2. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Innie, traditionally, Prayer Night is on Thursday Nights, it had already been established when I came in. I don't just pray on that day, if you've seen my posts here you know that I break out in prayer at the drop of a hat. I also keep a Prayer list here beside the computer that I add to continually, for those who have asked for prayer or for those I feel could use one. You are welcome to join us anytime, we all need as many "Prayer Warriors" that we can get, for as you quoted, "when two or more gather in His name".
    God bless, Deena
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I along w/Dee are in agreement on praying continually; I surely would not have made it through my trials w/out the knowledge that I was not alone.

I had written a lenghthy "poem/verse" about the loss early this morning of my daughter's, she is 28 and lives here due to my health and my son's benefit.....dog, Elvis. Anyone who knows me knows of my turmoil at losing recently my dear "monkey-dog". We may sound a tad silly but our dogs are family members and we all love each other very much. Our hearts, especially Tina, are deeply touched at this passing.

Someone on here sent me a copy of The Rainbow Bridge, where our canines frollick until they hear their master's voice then they come to us and help us cross over the veil. A wonderful sentiment that has now made the rounds of south texas!! Much heartfelt thanks to the dear heart that sent that to me. It has comforted many.

That is the beauty of these forums.

I would ask any praying this evening. I am in the midst of one of the worst clinical depressive episodes I have had in over ten years. I am dysthymic w/major depressive epidsodes; I've had some new health problems come up and they were just a tad heavy so the situational depression upon the major depression added up to a big one!

This poor old world has become a place of much evil; I pray for all the suffering universally being inflicted upon innocents. God bless. CactusLil'
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I, too, pray often for everyone here but like the time that is set aside for our "Prayer Night". I will be in prayer for all of you.

Love, Harmony
  5. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I must have missed a post somewhere along the line. I love dogs and they are part of our families. God gave them to us to enjoy and we take care of them like our children (not all do, but should). Dogs, especially, seem to know a lot about us. They can sense our inner feelings. They accept us how we are no matter what. Wouldn't it be nice if humans could do the same?

I'm sorry for the flare you are having. I will pray that God will touch your body and give you healing and strength to go on. God loves you and it is not His wish that any should suffer.

Gods Blessing to you and Gentle (((hugs)))
    Arlene
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We all try to pray at the same time if possible on Thurs. The idea is to "Storm Heaven" with our prayers. It starts at 11:00 Eastern, 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain, and 8:00 Pacific. We have people from all over the world, so those outside of Canada and the U.S. will have to come up with their own times.

I pray for us all the time, but Prayer Night is special. I'm hoping it's true that the squeaky wheel gets the oil because we all could used some healing oil from Heaven.

Love, Mikie
  7. Kim

Kim New Member

I will be in prayer with the rest of you on Thursday night. I've been blessed reading your poems, meditations, and scriptures each day for the last week and believe God directed me to this board.

The greater one is in us!

Kim