Question about Remeron for sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I was wondering if anyone was on Remeron for a sleep aid??

It is an antidepressant that really knocks you out, and I was wondering why more doctors weren't prescribing it for FMS since it does help you to sleep and lack of sleep seems to be a big contributing factor to FMS

I tried it for awhile, but I was working at the time, and it just made me too sleepy

My sister uses it and swears this has helped her with daytime fatigue since she is zonking out at night
  2. LakeErie

LakeErie New Member

I just got off Remeron, it is a horrid weight gainer. I dropped 15 pounds over the next 2 months by doing nothing else.

I now take Lunesta for sleep, it works like magic! It is designed for long term use for sleep problems. I wake up fully rested, no hangover.

3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Remeron at 30mg had me dizzy and bumping into door frames and such...

Remeron at 15 mg seemed to help with my sleep but after about 6 months I realized I was irritable with my children.

We switched to Ambien for about 3 years but when I reached the 15mg a day and it was not working we switched to Lunesta

Lunesta was great. I actually seemed to sleep deeper and longer then on anything else.

Flexril is also a good sleep aid. It supposedly sends us into stage 4 sleep. Flexril has a little bit of a hangover for a couple hours in the mornings for me.

4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Remeron worked great for sleep for about the 1st month and then seemed to change and not help much. I even tried going off of it for awhile and going back. When I restarted it I still did not get the great sleep I had the 1st month I ever started Remeron. Also, I felt so hungry all the time with it and could eat all day. Since I DO NOT need to gain weight I told the doctor I needed something else.
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well I guess not if you all are using it. For some reason I thought I had read that it was not available anymore.

I was on this med for 1 day and it made me really weak. I stopped it and went back to my Prozac. Prozac just works well for me for chronic pain of FMS. I use Xanax for sleep.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

No, still on market

I can understand the weak feeling, I felt that way too