Question About Remissions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Feb 10, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have been feeling pretty good the last few days, except for the relentless insomnia and a little muscle soreness/weakness. If I hadn't been so sick for so long, I would think the dr made a mistake with my diagnosis.

Since I am fairly new to this disease, I'm curious about this. Am I just waiting for the other shoe to drop - I mean will I wake up one day again and not be able to move.

Does this happen to anyone else, and how long between flareups, I guess everyone is different, but I'm curious.

I'm getting hooked on this board. The support and advice is amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Sue in Ontario
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Everyone is different. I had been feeling pretty good, had more energy and then I went to an exercise class, thought I was working within my limits, but I have been feeling lousy since Monday...achy legs, back, head now, all over.

I have never been where I can't move...it is hard sometimes and hurt badly, but people say this isn't a progressive disease...it doesn't get worse. I don't know about that. Acutally, I think it's an ebb and flow kind of thing and by learning my limits I can sometimes keep it at one level for a bit.

So, this is a confused post I've just written. I'm upset now about my husband's daughter who just found out their baby died in utero...she is (was) 16 weeks along.

So, I'm pretty dazed. I hope what I said helps somewhat, and yes, this board is easy to get hooked on. Glad to have you around.

Sue
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Thanks for your reply and I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is such a weird illness, I'm used to doing 5 things at once and being on the go, now I have to get used to pacing my self, and double checking everything. Maybe that's a lesson in it for me.

Keep your chin up, best wishes and love to your family.

Sue in Ontario
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad that you are having one! Enjoy it while it lasts. It is true, though, that everyone is different and your remission may last a while. I think we slowly learn our limits but we are a group that likes to challenge them it seems. Learning to pace oneself is never easy.
    I describe my life as a roller coaster - up and down and never quite knowing when I will have the up or the down.
    Don't live waiting for the other shoe to drop, though. Enjoy the good times and ride out the bad, remembering that the good will come again.

Kathy.
  5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Thanks for taking the time to write. Wow, there is so much to learn.

I really overdid it yesterday. My arms went numb in the night last night, so pretty sore today....back to my recliner....and my best friend, digital cable.

Sue in Ontario
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2006]
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've had relapses and remissions since endc of 94, for the first year I kept thinkng I was getting better than another relapse til I realises this is the nature of this disease.

I can have relapses and remissions that last the best part of a year, months, weeks. Right now I am just very slowly coming out of a relapse that came on last March after I contacted the Mumps virus. This is the worst and longest relapse I've had for many years and it's still lingering.

However I always know that I will get stronger, I always do.

Before the mumps I was doing very well indeed.

I hope your relapses are not strong and dont last long.

IT IS DIFFERENT WITH EVERYONE.

Take care with the excercise, if you're hurting after it then perhaps you shouldnt do it.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2006]
  7. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

I too, thought I had beaten this illness as I was feeling so good and had a lot of energy although I was not sleeping well as usual during these past 2 months. I'd even begun to work again as a long term substitute teacher. Immediately, my sleep was affected and gradually over the past month I began feeling the muscle pain and fatigue return until yesterday when it became quite unbearable. Sadly, I had to revert to a sleeping pill last night. I slept for 10 hours straight through the night and feel a little better this morning but my arms are very weak and it is even difficult to type this message out on the computer. I am also having sweats as I type this. I do not know if it was the stress of the long term sub job or the fact that I stopped taking the omega-3 oils that has brought me back to this awful place. I now understand this is a cyclic illness and will not get my hopes up too much each time I am in remission.
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I guess it wasn't much of a remission for me, just a couple good days, and maybe I overdid it, but I've been so dizzy today and sore.....sigh..

Thanks for the advice and get better soon.

Sue