Question about Responding to Posts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smilemona, Jul 3, 2003.

1. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Sometimes when I read message, there's one of the responses that I want to reply to. So when I click on the Reply button near that response, it shows me the text for the original message. By that time, I've forgotten the text that I was going to respond to! :)

So is there a way to get the response page to show the other's person's response? Do I start a new strand? Or do I work on my memory skills? ;)

Loveness~
  2. Lanie

Lanie New Member

What I do in that case is open 2 windows with the same thread in each one. Then I reply to one thread while reading the other. It is the best way I have come up with in order to remember everything...
    Hope this helps.
    Lanie
  3. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Thank you for that idea, Lanie!
    I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not even sure I spelled your name correctly! I was doing it from memory.

Opening two windows seems a little tricky in AOL. My boyfriend is always trying to get my hooked on Internet Explorer. Maybe this is my incentive to try it out! :)

Thanks for writing!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If the other 'post' on a thread is important for me to respond to both, I print it out! Yea, I have AOL too, and it can be tricky to learn all this 'stuff' it does. I have not tried the 'two windows' open 'yet'.

All of us have a memory problem. I also jot down names and a short note as to what I wanted to respond too, that way I can do it without messing up on names as well.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

LOL...I can't even remember the names...muchless what they wrote.

I just copy and paste the post I want to reply to. After I type my post from it. I usually delete what I pasted unless I'm quoting. Then you don't have to deal with the 2 window stuff if your having problems with it.

Tammy
  6. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Thank you for those tips, too!

I'm quite adept at cutting and pasting, so that one seems like it's a match for me. Then I can just delete it when I'm done.

It's fun finding my niche here. :)
  7. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Is to use the Back arrow's at the top of the page, not the back at the bottom, this way you can go back and forth to the post and what you are writting.

you just have to remember which direction you going in, lol.
    Now that I have some Inkcartages for my printer, I do print out more of the ones I know I might want to refeer to later, I know we have archives here, but, I've lost a lot of past post's because, we have had a lot of board changes in the 3 years I have been hanging out here.

In the past I did print out some, but not enough of what I wish I had kept.

Try the back button's/arrow's works for me.
    Sincerely
    sharon
  8. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Sharon, thanks for the suggestion about the back arrows. I thought of that idea, and then thought against it...assuming that it like Yahoo groups. In that setting, if I started typing a response, then clicked the back arrow to reread what I was responding to, when I got back to the response page, my response was gone! Ay yi yi!

I'll try it here and see what happens!

Ciao!