question about restless leg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by danisue22, Jan 7, 2003.

1. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

I'd like to know if others that have restless leg syndrome were bothered with it at the onset of Fm or if they did'nt get it until sometime much latter? I was bothered with this until I started taking Baclofen ,now it has stopped.But I did'nt acquire it yutil maybe 3 years ago. I was DX with FM in 1990. Thanks for your replied. God Bless...Danisue
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

restless leg syndrome came on when I was a teenager, and throughout my adult life. I was a healthy individual until about 2 years ago, diagnosed with the Fibromyalgia then.

I didnt have a name for it, the restless leg. I never knew there was a name for it. I get a creepy crawly sensation in my legs, and this intense urge to have to move them, walk.

Its caused alot of sleep problems for sure.
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Danisue~~I'm 53 and have suffered with RLS off & on all my life. My legs would ache, and I couldn't keep my legs still--would end up walking up & down the hallway for hours, and then have to go to work.

Two years ago, my doctor prescribed .5mgs of klonopin for me to take one at night, and I no longer suffer from it and get much better sleep and am less still & sore in the mornings.

Hope you continue to do well. Best Wishes, Carol...