Question about skelaxin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jlcrafter, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

My doctor has been messing with my meds again. I have been taking flexiril for years and then it suddenly stopped helping quite so much. So, I didn't have a problem trying something new. She put me on zanaflex. Made me very groggy the entire next day. And then I started noticing that when I was woken up from a doze or a nap that people would be different colors then normal. My kids thought it was great that when I looked at them they were blue or green. I wasn't so sure it was okay but it went away after I was completely awake. So, sure enough most likely the zanaflex, so she took me off that and wants me to start skelaxin. Has anybody tried this? Have you had good results, bad results, any results? I'm very nervous about trying another med.

Thanks,
    jl
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Maybe some of us can recommend something more natural.

Fill out your bio more on what you're dealing with, what UR trying, what didn't work etc.

THese prescription drugs really scare me. I can tell you stories too.
  3. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

It does help with relaxing my muscles. I take 800 mg up to 3 x'x daily. I try to take them as little as possible so it ends up being maybe 2 days a week - usually when I go to bed. I have not had any crazy side effects from this drug. Dogs still white, my son still turkey!

Good Luck,

Jane
  4. TKE

TKE New Member

I take it now & then, usually at bed time, along with hydrocodone. I have MPS in my upper back & shoulders that keeps flaring, causing #10 pain down my arm. So far I haven't had any side effects except the usual stomach upset, which I get with any med I take.

Hummm blue & green kids....Glad I didn't have to deal with any of that! I also hate trying or even taking meds diue to the side effects.

All I can say is try it & if you notice any side effect stop & call your doc.
  5. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. I took my first dose of the skelaxin tonight and so far no green or blue people, so that's good! I have to admit I'm a bit anxious which, of course, doesn't help the pain or the sleeping. But I'm sure it will get better.

Thanks,
    jl
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

I have painfulback and right shoulder so I take 1 tablet every night for sure and if I have a headache during the day I take one Skelaxin along with Relpax. Works great for me.
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I do ok on it-no bad side effects but at 400.00 a month I can't afford it. Here is the # for their free Skelaxin program 1-877-546-5332.If you ever have to pay cash you will want this #. They are accepting new customers now. Good lucky with your new med.s. Dee50:)