Question about SSD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyblues68, Jul 9, 2003.

1. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Hi,

I'm going to my doctor today. I am going to ask him about filing. Is there anything specific I need to ask him? Do you have to have other diagnosis besides FM.

I have FM, Radiculopathy, Arthritis, IBS and the wonder depression I always get told.

Does SSD always send you to another doctor?

My DH went in to talked to our lawyer today. He suggested we file on our own first, beacuse I would more than likely get denied. That we would be paying him for nothing. After we get denied he said he would work for me on it.

Any information is appreciated.

Tammy
  2. dd

dd New Member

I just wanted to let you know that not everyone that applies for SSD without a lawyer their first time gets denied. There IS hope. I won my case without any help...it was approved within 6 months. Mine was approved on panic attack disorder and depression. I had CFS/FM at the time but it was not properly dx'd yet.

If your drs keep telling you that you are depressed...whether you agree or not...use that dx to your advantage when applying for the SSD.

If I can help you in any way let me know.

Good Luck,

Debbie
  3. Kelly12

Kelly12 New Member

That Lawyer is going to get paid the same whether he starts working for you now or after you are turned down once. He is trying to save himself work and he is lying to you. If he goes ahead and files he will get a percentage of your back pay. If he has you work your back off trying on your own the back pay is going to accrue and he will get more when he does have to file for you.

I firmly believe that everyone should get an attorney at the beginning.

I am not feeling well today or I would elaborate on this. Hope this made sense.

Kel