Question about swimming at a motel pool or joining gym

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cindyvr, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I have been in water therapy but I am finished with it now. I would l;ike to continue with exercise in the pool but I can't afford the money to join a gym.
    I was wondering if any of you use the facilities at a motel to get in your exercise?
    If so how did you work it out with the management and how much do you pay them?
    Can you take a family member with you and do you have to pay more if you do?
    Do you have to give them the exact time you will be using the pool and the amount of time or do you go when ever it is convenient for you or the motel?
    I am thinking this will be cheaper then joining a gym. I know the exercises by heart that I was doing in water therapy and would really like to continue.
    Thanks!! CindyVR
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It depends on the State. In some states they are not allowed. Here in NY State we can "buy" pool time at a nice warm smaller pool either by the day or month. It is cheaper by the month and some will give a discount for disabaled. The Y will also give a scholarship if you have financial problems and they have all sorts of stuff. They charge us $25 a quarter for our family of three. The problem is the Y can get very noisy and crowded and this bothers me, plus a lot of speed queens use the equipment and I feel foolish struggling along.

When we lived in WA State, the local recreation center was terrific and also gave scholarships. They even had a hot tub! Even did free water exercises. I regret ever moving from there, but now the house prices have doubled we cannot go back.

Love Annie Cromwell
  3. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Im going to call the YMCA and see what they have. I didnt know they had scholarships for that!! We are living on 200.00 a week right now. I need to get better so I can go back to work!
    CindyVR