Question about taking thyroid pill under tongue...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Ok, I know what that word is but here I am trying to think of it and it won't come, you know the under the tongue word. It's sub-something! Oh how aggravating!

I read here that some people get better results by taking armour under the tongue. I"m not sure if they do that with the actual prescription that doctors mean us to swallow or is there some kind of special form that is meant for disolving under the tongue. I have been taking armour for about 2 months and have not noticed much change in anything really. So the middle of this past week I started putting it under my tongue and letting it disolve, would you believe I think it's helping quite a bit!

I'm not sure the regular prescription is suitable for going under the tongue. I just want to make sure I"m not doing soemthing that would harm my body. I remembered someone saying that taking armour under the tongue tasted gross but I'm not getting that...

I had a hard time figuring out how to explain this one.. Hope someone has some input for me. Thanks ladies/gents :)
    Toodles
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The under the tongue name is; Sublingual. Can't help with your particular med, but your best source of information on this would be your pharmacist. He/she would know if its alright to take your pill sublingual instead of by swallowing.

From what I understand, taking something under the tongue it goes directly into the blood stream, through the mouth it goes into the digestive system first.

I am sure someone else can explain this better than I, but untill they come along I hope this helps :)

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I really hope it's safe to take it "sublingually" because I do think it's hleping a lot. That does not say much for my digestive system :(

4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

hmmm, i'm going to talk to a pharmacist today. i have more energy then i have for nearly 10 years... thanks for the input.