Question about the new board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zoster, Oct 2, 2008.

1. zoster

zoster New Member

I had a peek at the new board yesterday, had a try out - just a quick question, it seems that we won't be able to keep the past posts from our Profile - ie all the previous posts we have made? is that correct?

I do find it useful to be able to go through mine and others past posts for info on treatments,what others have tried and outcomes etc. Also to tag posts to come back and read later when my brain is up to speed.

Is there any way we could keep this useful tool? It woud be a shame to loose it.

For eg; Tansy had made so many invalueable posts of information that is really worthwhile to access in her profile.

Many thanks

PS Does anyone know the date it will change over, I may need to print off some of Tansys posts before the change!
  2. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Any posts anyone has made are still there. There are a few reasons you might not see them.

Your own posts are organized in your profile by board and you can use the drop down menu to select the board name that you have posts on.

If you can't see a users profile it's because they have not made it public. We gave everyone the option to hide their profile from the rest of the world and it is defaulted to private. So if you click on someones name and you don't see anything bout them or their previous posts then they need to make their profile public. This will allow other users to view their profile and past posts through their profile.

We don't have a date for the switch over yet. I personally don't want to see the switch happen until we get most of the bugs worked out in the new format.

If you are looking for someones posts you can use the search bar at the top to find previous posts. Currently they show up on the list in order of relevancy NOT by date. We are gong to change that! It's on the list!

Pictures are not yet showing up but will be as it's on the list.

3. zoster

zoster New Member

Thanks for replying with all the details so quickly Jorgie.

Best wishes. Z

PS I know Jamin, it's going to take a bit of getting used to isn't it! See you there!
  4. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

We're all getting use to it.