Question about the vicks vapor rub for the toe fungal..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Mar 29, 2006.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Do you just rub it into the nail and surrounding skin?

Or do you need to cover it with a band-aid?

I have the vicks vapor rub cream, or do I need the regular vicks vapor rub that clear and thicker?

Thanks, Halo
  2. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

3. fibro15

fibro15 New Member

bump
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2006]
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you what I have been doing.

I smashed by BIG toenail and the one next to it last year. Turned black and blue and nail KILLED. Left my end of summer nailpolish on WAY TOO LONG and when the nail polish grew out with the nail, I realized my nail was disgusting with black and fungus. The nail hurt a lot and I thought I would loose it (them), been thinking it for last 6 months.

My doctor gave me topical and oral script, but I told him I wasn't sure I would take it, as I know how TOXIC those meds are to the liver. He said, that's fine and left it up to me. (He knows how I feel about drugs vs. natural supplement, and is very accepting).

So, when someone posted here a month or two ago about the VICKS, I finally bought a JAR of Regular (Generic brand from our dollar store). Been using it about 1 month now, maybe slightly longer. After my shower, I slather it over those 2 nails and put my sock on for the day. As I have THE COLDEST feet, in the world, I sleep with my socks on. So, I only have been applying the "Vicks" once a day. I can see where the nail has grown out about 1/4" and looks ALMOST normal. Hard to tell cause it's still early. Will let y'all know more, when I know more.
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Canestan cream is great for foot fungus, just a little is needed. Canestan is usually used for vaginal thrush.

Dont know if you can buy it in the States though, I'm in UK.

love
    Rosie
  6. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Tea Tree Oil. Use it twice a day for a couple of months. It make take a year for the nail to grow out, so you have to wait and see. There's an article on Dr. Weil.com that I just read regarding Vicks vs. tea tree oil.

skierchik
  7. grannyc

grannyc New Member

I was a nail tech for thirty years and one of the best things for toe nail fungus is Vicks! It may be the thymol in the ointment that works. Anyway, great inexpensive way to treat nails.
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

nail fungus by putting clear nail polish on the nail, under the nail and on the skin surrounding it. I did it daily as bathing removes some of it, at least the part on the skin. I can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't that long. I don't know if it deprived it of air and that did it or what, but it did work.
  9. berrytired

berrytired New Member

I had no idea. You learn something new everyday...can't wait to try it.
  10. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I just wish I had known this last July. I no longer could take med for it because it was to hard on my liver. Doc felt they were thick from damaging the nail bed from kicking things. I didn't think so, just knew that I wanted the thick ugly things taken care of. He said the only solution was to have them removed. So I had both big toe nails and the one next to it on my left foot. Yes the worst of the pain was numbing it up.

But now I haven't completely, a little rough dry skin. But I noticed on my left big toe, there is a line of rough yellowish skin on the side of it comeing from the bottom of my foot. To me it resembles the fungal infection. I also have the toe nail next to the big one on my right foot that looks like it is starting to go fungal. So I want to stop it in it's tracks.

I will be buying more vicks tomorrow.

All I can say is for all of you to tell everyone you know, this trade secret, to prevent someone having them removed like me.

Love you all,
    Halo