Question about Vicodin & Percocet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Mar 22, 2009.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Which would be stronger. 10mg/325mg of Vicodin; or, 5mg/325mg of Percocet?
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

hard to know - but if they were both 10/325 the Percocet is stronger. Many people get more help from one of the other - not always the stronger. what are you currently taking?
  3. monica33flowers

Thanks for the reply.

I currently take Vicodin but recently my SO (Randy) had knee surgery and they sent home with the percocets, 5/325mg and I was just curious, I guess.
  4. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Monica,

Every person's metabolism is different. Technically, Percocet's oxycodone is stronger than Vicodin's hydrocodone; (5mg oxycodone vs. 5mg of hydrocodone). But the fact that you would be taking twice the amount of narcotic in the Vicodin with one pill, it may come out to be about the same. (Vicodin 10mg hydrocodone = Percocet's 5mg oxycodone).

This is not set in stone, but it may help you with dosing.

Good Luck, and feel better.

Tropical Girl ;)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2009]
  5. monica33flowers

I stopped at my local pharmacy and asked the pharmacist this same question. She said the percocet is stronger because it is a schedule II narcotic and the Vicodin is a schedule III. She also told me you can't compare the two miligram vs. miligram.

Thanks again!