Question about vision

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by elliespad, Oct 21, 2010.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Does anyone with Lyme sometimes see a small, maybe 1/2 to 1 inch , almost florescent moving line in one eye. This has happened to me 3 times in the last couple months, each time while looking at/near bright light. Last night while looking at computer screen, which I do ALL THE TIME, and the other two times, a lot of light was coming in the window, and I was laying quietly, just looking. Weird.

I do get Ocular Migraines a lot, but this is new for me, and did not get a migraine with it.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

my son just had spots or blobs.... not lines... and his didn't fluoresce, tho I've read it can take different forms like that.

But, you probably should get yourself checked by an opthamologist (MD) especially since you did not get a headache, and since that is when you'd normally "see" that.

It could be indicative of posterior vitreous detachment/PVD, caused by a detached/detaching vitreous pulling on the retina. Or so I've read. It's always good to rule out as much as possible, our vision is much too precious to wait and see about.

Hope that helps, let us know what happens...

3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I've often heard of floaters being associated with LD. Could this be a variation of that?