Question about ZMA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karbo, Dec 28, 2002.

1. karbo

karbo New Member

I just wanted to know if ZMA is effective taken by itself. It seems that a lot of people take it with Klonopin, Xanex or other meds at night with great success. I was just wandering does it make one get some pain relief and a good nights sleep if you take it alone and not with any other meds?
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I can only speak for myself, and I take Xanax and Benadryl for sleep, but if I had been able to continue to take ZMA, I feel I could have eventually weaned myself off xanax. Unfortunately, I am one of the group who get great results for about 2 months, and then it backfires and causes total insomnia. The same thing happened to my hubby, and he does not have FMS or CFS. While I was able to take the ZMA, it deepened my sleep in a very noticeable way. My hubby does hard physical work and is usually asleep in his chair by 9 PM, but while he was taking ZMA (and that is all he was taking), he was able to stay up until 11:30 pm. and easily get up the next morning. That's how much it improved the quality of his sleep. We are all different, and only you can find out if you will be able to use ZMA alone and get results. I would never take a drug like Xanax if not needed. I sure hope the ZMA will do the trick for you!
    Klutzo
  3. Seagull

Seagull New Member

for sleep. My doctor tried lots of the usual meds, including Xanax and Elavil, but I developed adverse reactions to them all. The ZMA was my last hope and fortunately for me it works fine without any bad side effects. I now average about 5 hours of sleep most nights and do wake up feeling much more refreshed than without it.