QUESTION? Anyone bought a Walmart Foam mattress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cromwell, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My friend told me that Walmart have 4inch think temperpedic mattress toppers in. THey are about $200 plus for larger sizes.

Has anyone tried one and how was it? That seems a good buy rather than a whole new bed.

Went to mattress store and the man said try this natural latex bed instead and I have to say it had all the comfort of the temperpedic without the dents being made by one's body so you can roll over etc. Boy that bed was SOOOO comfy. Unfortunately a Queen size is about $2,500!!! I wish.

Annie cromwell
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I bought a 3" one from Ebay in July of 04 and I LOVE IT !!!
    It really does help with the pain and stiffness and is oh so comfy. I am pretty sure I got a queen size for around $100 including the shipping. You might want to check out Ebay.

Happy shopping.

3. caffey

caffey New Member

I don't know if it is the same one or not. My girlfriend bought me a memory foam mattress about 1 inch thick for about $100cdn at Wal Mart. I love it. My physio told me not to go any thicker as I might have trouble getting out of bed. The only problem is my bed is a double and it doesn't come in double so we went queen. It bunches in the corners but other than that no problems. Enjoy.
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Anne,

I bought one three years ago...King size, about 2 1/2",, with waffle design, some vertical lines, some horizontal lines...I think it was only $59, big sale...Then I bought a 5" thick quality foam mattress from Wally, only about $80 for a King...Put the foam topper on top and wrapped a high quality thick formed and ribbed mattress cover all around...

After researching and trying all the so-called quality beds in my local area, esp, those tempur....ones...I put together my own...I also had a special platform bed made for support, king size with bookcase headboard out of poplar...Stronger than anything out there and with hubby and I and 3 100lb labbies, this bed is comfy, cozy, and sturdy...

Now I know you just asked about the topper,and Wally def had the best quality and price but I thought I would share that if one must be accomodated in the bedding dept to really get a good nights sleep, there are many ideas that we can put together to fit our needs and not just let a salesman or commercial sell us on something...It took us years to get this accomplished, but I am now so comfy at nite, I actually can sleep again...

And the grand tally for all the pieces, including my 600ct egyptian cotton sheets...A whopping $600...Bed, headboard, mattress, topper, cover and sheets...Sheets I get from JCP or LNT, only the best, only on sale...

Let us know what you get....Good luck on your quest for better sleep, MamaDove
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You're in luck! GUIDO was reading your Post over my
    shoulder concerning that fabulous $2,500 mattress you
    were looking at! He told me he has a "brand new" one
    just like in his Cousin Vinnie's basement.

For $999.00 on a Money Order made out to "CASH" and
    sent to his P.O.Box in the Cayman Islands, he'll ship
    it right off to you in N.Y.!!! (It pays to have low
    friends in high places, sometimes)

A deal???
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For the replies and advice. Joe, in our Guido must be advertizing in our local paper as there are always ten ads for "Brand new queen bed, still in wrapper, costs $1,500 sacrifice for $220" always the same set of numbers too, but I trust you, so as the joke goes, The Czech is in the male - you know that yoke!???

I hate to ask, mama but WHAT is Wally? Is that Walmart? I am doing a similar thing presently by using the foam topper, the one the other poster talked about, then a thick quilted mattress topper. Trouble is the mattresses (two twins together) sag and they are only about two years old. I think we shall have to ask for some money back as they are warranties ten years and we only started using them this year, well summer 2006, as they were guest room beds.

There is no Costco in NY near us, but there is one my SIL belongs to in Ontario that I may try. Sam's Club is nearest and I have a friend who is a member. Talking of Costco, know what I miss most. Those Nancy's individual two bite size quiches. Used to get a big box for about $9 and heat three in the micro for lunch yummee.I have to tell you guy though that the natural latex bed was just so wonderful to lie on. I envy rich people as they can just buy what they need, and we are the ones who have always done the heavy work, so they don't really need such comfy beds.... (just being mean there)

I will also try ebay and a friend told me she got a great deal from rent a center sale.

Love Annie crom
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---I always fealt sorry for those RICH PEOPLE having to

live in those DRAFTY CASTLES!! That's were those feather

comforter's were invented, by necessity.

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Do you have to be a member of Costco I can always use my SIL's card though.

Thanks y'all.

Annie cromwell