Question, fibro and not much pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joyof3, Nov 22, 2002.

1. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

When this all started i had pain in my back, and neck. the pain would move all over the place. now i have very little pain, and am confused can you have fibro with little pain. I am so tired all the time very weak all over. I have so much trouble with weakness in my hands. I also have trouble with memory every day.I am very confused please help if you can.

stephanie
  2. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

When this all started i had pain in my back, and neck. the pain would move all over the place. now i have very little pain, and am confused can you have fibro with little pain. I am so tired all the time very weak all over. I have so much trouble with weakness in my hands. I also have trouble with memory every day.I am very confused please help if you can.

stephanie
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

yes you can have fibro without a grate deal of pain ,i bet if a dr check your trigger points you would feel the pain in those areas,be thankful that you seem to be doing better,as far as the pain is concerned,
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Most of my pain is not from fibro directly; fibro amplifies the problem, but my pain for which I take pain meds is nerve entrapment caused by spinal stenosis then the collagen (I have osteoarthritis and collagen disease) hardens and nerves are trapped therein! Ouch!

For the first 4-6 yrs of all this I only took Ultram or something OTC; but the last two years the other problems have worsened and call for some pretty stout meds. I manage pretty well unless the fibro is attacking my musculo-skeletal system then I am really hurt! Lil'
  5. annl

annl New Member

I was just recently diagnosed with fibro. I thought that I had cfs but when the doctor touched the trigger points, I felt so much pain. She said I had fibro and I said that I didn't have enough pain. She said "You certainly do have pain in every spot that I touched." I am only feeling some pain in my arms and my back but the back is something else. My main concern was the fatigue and memory and confusion problems which are interfering with my job. She said that fibro and cfs usually come together.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2002]
  6. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

thank you all for your support you have put my mind at rest.In the last 3 weeks you all have given me so much info and support, i have found this board to to be a place i can go to, and feel not so alone.

thanks
    stephanie
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Stephanie, I take 'Ultra B-Complex'(High Potency with Folic Acid), from Pro Health, and I also drink half my weight in ounces of water per day. This combinatioin seems to have made a big difference in my short term memory. It is not near as bad as it was 6 months ago.

I also take a quarter teaspoon full of sea salt through out the day.

Hope this helps some, I know how miserable it is to keep forgetting what you are doing, and where you have put things, not to mention spelling words or searching for a word when speaking!

As for the pain, well I have had a whole year without any serious pain, then it came back with a vengence!
    I don't think everyone has the same amount of pain either. Plus your lifestyle may make a difference in how much pain you are in.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2002]