Question for all Methylation Protocol followers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SnooZQ, Apr 11, 2007.

1. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I'm wondering whether any of you have NOT done previous antiviral and/or detox/chelating type treatments? I'm not saying this to dis those who have done or are doing all of that. Seems like many have made progress, which is terrific.

My reading of the threads has been a bit hit & miss, but it seems like most or all of you have done or are doing concurrent stuff (IVs, AVs, "other")?

Bottom line question: how does it work for someone who is fairly treatment-naive? Bottom-line concern: that detox/herx whatever unpleasant-reaction will be big-time.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

and that's why the Yasko protocol uses step 1 to prep for the methylation/detox.

From my very preliminary reading, the idea of Step 1 is to prep you for the detox.

I had done 6 months of transfer factor which hopefully knocked down my viral load. I had used Vit D to boost my immune system, also ProBoost. Also taken greenfood supp, which supposedly causes detox.
    Also used glutathione.

I was interested to find out that dncnfngrs had used a greenfood supplment for TWO YEARS.

Check out Rich's posts for more on this.

It's obviously a big question. Do you need to do the prep, or can u dive into the methylation/detox straight away?

delia
  3. richvank

richvank New Member

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I started the Methylation Unblocking Protocol and do have some prior history with the items you asked about. But not recently.

Antiviral - Have taken Turmeric, and Lysine to put herpes virus in remission, on and off for past 5 years. Have taken Transfer Factors, 5 years ago and about 1 year ago, never did much/if anything for me. Took Famvir, high doses 3 times a day, about 1 year ago, never herxed or saw any changes.

Chelation - Have done Oral Clatherating Agents for Chelation, few years ago, never saw any change. Have done EDTA chelation, few years ago, only had few treatments, couldn't tolerate kidney pain.

Detox - This is my ongoing life's quest, to detoxify. Have used Undenatured whey, Alpha Lipoic Acid, NAC, IV Glutathione, on and off for 5 years. Always unable to tolerate detox symptoms and back off.

So, yes I have done a lot, but nothing major, recently, until the Methylation Unblocking trial.

No way to know how well or how poorly you will do, as we all have different exposures and different genetics, but I do believe that detoxification is necessary if we want to get out of this mess. And that was my belief before learning about the Methylation Unblocking protocol.

If you decide to try it, I wish you well.
  5. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Thanks all for your informative replies. I've also appreciated the recent "Getting started with the methyl protocol" thread.

I've just finished Yasko's book, The Puzzle of Autism. I do have a son (older teen) on the spectrum (high end, actually PDD-NOS) whose main probs are more like a CFS presentation. Other family members have CFS as well. Too bad we can't get a huge discount -- a family/group rate on the testing! It sure would be interesting.

I'm going to proceed very slowly. Plan A is to add only Intrinsi B12 to my current regimen. Since it has both the methyl & formyl THR, to me that seems to be a cost-effective thing to try. Have ramped SAMe up to every-other day & am doing OK on the sleepiness. I've got a good multivite on board along with extra Bs.

Not really doing any purposeful chelation much, other than daily garlic & occasional cilantro. I've been very sensitive to lots of stuff that I've tried over the years.

I realize that I'm not doing everything recommended. but am hoping for some positives without too painful a detox. Is there anything really essential missing to balance out adding the Intrinsi?

Thanks.

6. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

I don't have much to add. I just want to wish you well as you start all this.

I've been working on the whole detox thing for 3 years now, and still plan to take it slowly and really listen to my body as it processes through this protocol.

I recently came across an old Chinese martial arts quote translated roughly, "smooth is fast." I thought it was an appropriate quote for my life in many respects, including the MCB protocol.

Wishing you and your family the best!
    Laurie
  7. richvank

richvank New Member

8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I dunno about balance, but I think the Folapro is important.
    delia
  9. richvank

richvank New Member