Question for anyone out there????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Apr 23, 2003.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Had a dental procedure done. Nothing unusual, have had them before, but the next morning after closing up a root canal I developed cold sores all over my entire mouth, top and bottom. Stinging, burning pain. It took one week to get over, and still not completely gone. Then yesterday my bridge fell out along with the root canal filling. What is going on. I go back today to get that fixed. Is it allergic reactions or due to FM always screwing around with my system?
    Thanks for the input and responses. Soft teddy hugs.
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

I've never experienced anything like that but it sounds terrible. I do get those sores in my mouth all the time and the the Doctor prescribes Nystatin for it. I sure hope you find out what caused it so it does'nt happen again. I feel so bad for you.It may be a staf infection that you picked up at the Dentist office from not so clean instruments.Good Luck in finding the cause...Danisue
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

The dentist thought it could have been an allergic reaction to some medication he administered the last time I saw him. It was a different med than he normally used on me. He did give me some dental med to clear it up and now everything is fine. Maybe we react differently then normal people when we try certain meds.
    Don't know.
    Hope it doesn't happen again. Soft teddy hugs.

[ advertisement ]