question ,for anyone with a thera cane,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I have a muscle that runs across my back just below my waist,that is like a wash cloth that is rung tight and I can"t get it to release. if anyone uses the cane and could help me out here as too what to do.
    I"m in terrible pain. thanks for any suggestions.sixtyslady
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Do you have the "Trigger Point Release Manual? P
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thank you so much I do have the book but just can"t seem to find the right spot and I guess I"ve never really learned how to use this cane.
    It just doesn"t seem to work on me like the book decribes.but right now I"m just about ready to do and try anything I"m in so much pain.
    thanks again. sixtyslady
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

That area is also hard for me with the theracane. I use the tennis ball in the sock for that area. I just do the whole area up and down 10-12 times a day for days until I get the release. Drink alot of water afterwards. Look at pg. 162 and re-read that whole section. Sometimes it helps to do the whole area so the target area will release. Remember there are many satelite areas so it helps to keep re-reading it to make sure you are including other areas that will help also. Let us know if you get any release. Go at it slow so you don't hurt yourself. P
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I did try to lay on my side and use the cane it did seem to help and then I used the tennis balls on my shoulders it all seemed to help but then during the night I woke with a muacle spams in my back and had to start all over again to day, I"m so tired just thought I"d let you know,thanks again sixtyslady