question for catnip re milkthistle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sb439, Apr 13, 2003.

1. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi Cathie,
    In a recent post you talked about milkthistle, and I have a couple of questions about this:
    Why did your friend recommend two different kinds of milk thistle (what kinds), and what sort of fiber were you meant to take, and did you take the stuff with meals or between meals?
    Many thanks!
    Susanne
  2. sb439

sb439 New Member

catnip, are you there?
  3. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

Sorry I didn't respond, been out of it lately and haven't been doing much reading, nothing sinks in..LOL
    Actually there were two brands out for the liver, one was called LVR the other Milk thistle. I took two 3x a day with meals. I also was on something called Fibersol, pretty sure that was the name. I took that at night before bed, empty stomach with a full glass of water. I'm not sure why both LVR & milk thistle was suggested I just did what she recommended, shw owned the vitamin store & was a friend so I just listened..LOL

The idea is to clense the system and put more bulk in our tummy. They say you should have 3-4 BM's a day to get rid of the toxins and plenty of water. It worked for me, I swear by doing liver clenses with milk thistle cured me. I'm not sure if LVR is still available, I think they replaced it with another name. Ask any health store and they should be knowledable enough to advise you on a product or products for the liver detoxing, if not just stick to the Milk thistle faithfully. I was also put on something called FOS, it was a powder you mixed with water, it for the stomach to in relation to cleaning the body out. Good luck if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I'm not an expert but do know some things on vitamins and supplement and I swear the liver tox did the job. I'm back on it again..

Cathie
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

Very many thanks, that's most helpful!
    Susanne
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

LVR Formula is a broad-spectrum, synergistic combination of concentrated herbal extracts that nutritionally supports liver function. The formula rejuvenates hepatic cells and increases the flow of bile. The ingredients in LVR Formula combine to protect the liver against glutathione depletion and lipid peroxidation, increase glutathione concentrations in the liver and other tissues, and stimulate protein synthesis, resulting in the formulation of new liver tissue to replace damaged cells.

Each capsule contains:

milk thistle extract, 100 mg. artichoke extract, 150 mg. turmeric extract, 150 mg. greater celedine extract, (4:1), 100 mg. barberry extract (6:1), 75 mg. Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate), 12 mg.

Dosage: 2-3 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.

type 'lvr' and 'liver' into your search machine.

[ advertisement ]