Question for Chootik

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pawprints, Apr 13, 2007.

1. pawprints

pawprints New Member

HI:

I noticed on the Lyme message Board, you were following some of Cowden's treatments. I am also and doing the LEDs.

I wondered who your doctor is and have you been able to mix in antivirals or abx with this treatment?

Thanks for your help.
  2. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Bump for Chootik
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

want to post on a thread Chootik started so she'd get a message directly sent to her from the board...

and here's a bump up!

4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Sorry for the delay.

I hadn't checked the site for a few days.

Ok I see Dr. Harris up in Northern Cal. He is very good but expensive. He put me on the Cowden Protocol and I was on it for 3-4 months.

It didn't make too much of a difference, but I def. noticed that I got sick less often and felt a little better on the herbs.

After this time I re-tested for Lyme with IGENEX and the test came back negative! So I guess the herbs were making a difference.

I stopped taking it because with the herbs I started another supplement that really gave me a bad Immune reaction. So I got scared and since I have Autoimmune Thyroid, I didn't want to make the Autoimmune worse.

Now I have just started on ABX and so far feel better in terms of energy and Brain Fog. I wasnt' too bad to begin with but I had these a little.

MY worst symptom now is the Heart Palpatations. I'm following a protocol Borrowinnovations posted with L-Carnitine and CoQ10 and etc..

So far its helping.

By the way, I haven't mixed Anti-Virals with ABX. I think I'm just going to add Collidial Silver as an Anti-Viral while taking the ABX.

I see the doc. next month and hopefully we'll see what to do next.

How are you doing now?
    Chootik
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I have heard great things about your doctor and know of several people who see him, who are friends of a friend.

I saw Cowden directly and found his program impressive. I have stayed with it a year and am not better but some symptoms seem less problematic. I will stay with it another few months and then decide on a new course.

I am scared of the herx with abx or antivirals but may have to go that route.

I too have autoimmune thyroid. Cowden has me on T3 and decreasing my Synthroid. I'm not sure this would fly with an Endocronologist, but I am giving it a try.

I am also looking into Cheney's theories about the heart since I tend to have so many bugs, etc. this may be a way to attack them all from a different path.

I don't think this illness is caused by one thing and I know it won't be put into remission by one thing.

It is good to meet another patient who followed the Cowden protocal. If nothing else, I have had no bad reactions to any of the supplements or LEDs. I have felt them working but not where it was intolerable like when I have been on abx.

Keep us posted on your progress. You are lucky to have a good doctor close by.

Warm Regards,
    Shana