Question for Cymbalta users

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dream5866, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dream5866

dream5866 New Member

I know there has been a lot of discussion on cymbalta, but I couldnt find anywhere if anyone gained weight with it. My doctor just switched me yesterday from Nortriptyline to Cymbalta because I have gone up like 2 clothes sizes and my pain was not any better. I have never had a weight problem in my entire life and so I know its the nortryptyline, but wondering if Cymbalta will continue to weight gain. Also, I took it at night before going to bed and did not feel sick, but I feel very sleepy and spacey today. I am also on Clonopin for sleep, Ultracet for Pain, and Atenolol for MVP.
  2. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I have been on Cymbalta for about 3 months along with effexor xr. Cymbalta is supposed to make you lose weight. I have not because I was still taking Elavil at nite for sleep. I have stopped the Elavil and switched to Klonopin for sleep so hopefully the weight will start comming off.

Peaceful mind and body to all!

[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2005]
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I've lost about 10 pounds since taking cymbalta. It really decreased my appetite and I don't eat as much when I do.

Also, I believe it has really helped with my pain. Took a while, so hang in there with it.
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

It will take awhile to adjust to the med and you will feel better everyday, (if you respond to it) so hang in there. I was gaining weight every month on other meds. I have not lost since starting the Cymbalta about 4 months ago, BUT I have not gained. I am beginning to feel like I can get back to regular daily walking again. Maybe even exercising!

Good Luck!
    Maia
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

well i then statrted gaining then about 25 lbs later they lowered my meds for reasons of wheni got on the 60 mgs. my legs were moving a mile a minute and my body was jerking all over morning noon and night. as far as for pain i'm not having any luck. and i don't really fell as though it is doing much aof anything at all for me. i'm back down to 20 mgs.

i'm about to give u, i maybe extra sensitive to meds because i have a hereiditary blood disease called spherocytosis, irregular shaped red blood cells. so my body doesn't get things processed as well and a compromised immune syustem. so don't base your decsion upon mine.

some people gain and some wiil lose. also i have hormonal problems i think i'm in early perimnopause so going to gyno on monday to tell her i need some hormal tests and want to see about biodentical hormones.

well goood luck
  6. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

I've been on it for almost 3 months. I don't think I've gained or lost any weight since starting.