Question for Dee50

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Megumi, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Megumi

Megumi New Member

Hi Dee50

I saw your post about your online store under the thread "home business". I think many of us have something we could make to sell. Would you mind sharing some information with us?

How did you learn to do it online - another, a book?

Do you have your own web site or go on ebay and/or other similar sites?

Did it cost a lot of money to get started online?

Thanks for any advice you can give to the rest of us.

Megumi
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Well I learned the old fashion way-I had a computer and a need to work at home and my daughter was carrying our first grandson.

The reason I opened my web site yes it is a store was because I got hooked on all the wonderful products that work at home mom's are making for babies. My store is set up complete with paypal so folks can buy with they're creditcards. I don't deal with checks or cash. I'm also a very fast shipper, you place your order and it's in the mail to next working day-Ladies love that.

The cost well I spent about $7.000.00 to open my store because I ordered things from other work at home moms. I had many things in stock, you do not have to start out with a fully stocked store you can add to it as you make it.
    And I learned lots of things the hard way. I would say you can open a store for about $300.00 if you make what you're selling maybe less. You will have to advertise your store. You can do this be joining forums and talking with folks that buy our products.(this is the cheapest way to advertise)Not a forum like this but one like say Diaper Pin. I have never tried to sell anything at this forum it is against the rules.

You can open a store with WAHM(Tony) for only $7.00 a month, you need an address for the store, called a dominate name, cost about $14 a year. You need to put some thought into your dominate name, it's best if it says what you are selling in the store.

2nd you need someone to set up the store. I like Kristi at Wahmpro she is wonderful and you can't beat her prices. About $50.00 to set the whole thing up. Or you can do it yourself. I BIG learning deal if you do it yourself but good to learn and know for the future! If you have lots of brain fog I would not try setup on your own.

If you have any questions just ask and I'll be happy to answer them the best I can. It is a nice break to talk about something else besides my illness and treatments ect...
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]

[This Message was Edited on 01/03/2006]
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Bumping for Megumi to read :)
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Ouch, I'm sorry but it's against the forum rules to list my shop there and I have some saftey issues with doing that anyway because at my store is my address ect.

One thing some folks do not understand about running a online store is that you can not run a store and not tell people who,where,and what kind of a person you are. If you do people will not buy from you. It is all about building trust between you and your customers, as in any store online shopping is the same.

Sorry please don't take this personaly.
    I can answer questions and help ladies that would like to know what it's like to open and run an online store. It's a great way to work at home and make some money:)

Dee50
  5. Megumi

Megumi New Member

I do still have soooo many questions. I am like at ground zero with computer knowledge. I don't know how to set up a domain address or where even how to get one. And then there's how to build a site, etc. As soon as I get some $'s rolling in (just started a temp job) I'm going to look for one of those "Dummie" books on it. Any how-to book suggestions?

Have you ever heard of google's adsense? I have heard it's an easy way to make extra cents by having ads attached to your web page of similar products or places. Everything someone clicks into one of them you get paid. Don't know how much, figure it's a few cents.

Thank you again for answering. I'm like you, it's nice to have a discussion going that's not disease related once in a while.
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

When you are ready go to Kristie at Wahmpro.com she will walk you through the all whole thing. Just keep it simple at first so you can learn slowly.

You need to be thinking about what it is you wish to sell, make ect. and a name for the store.

I think what you are asking me about, is pay by click. I feel the best way to get your stores name out there is to have Kristie do her search engine thing. That costs about $50.00 she can explain it to you. Kristie will save you lots of money in the long run and she is very good at this stuff. If I were you I would focus on running the store, not on setting it up ect.. Kristie is so so fast you would believe it.

The store she sets up for you will have different levels. Have her start you at level 1 or pay her the $250.00 and have her build you a frameless store. The search engines like the frameless store better.

Go to her web site and check it out it. email her and talk with her. She is very easy to talk to you will like her. She can answer all your questions.