question for fellow fatigue sufferers...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Sep 30, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

I may have asked this question before, I honestly don't remember.
    For those of you who suffer with FM and fatigue, is there anything that you take to help with giving you energy?

I googled fatigue meds and a few things came up, and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever taken these prescriptions:
    Cafcit Oral
    Caffeine Sodium Benzoate
    Caffeine Citrated Oral

I am going to ask my doc about them when I go, but just wanted anyone else's views on these meds.

2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Caffeine doesn't work on me at all. In fact, it seems to strip my adrenals even more and give me more fatigue and pain. I wouldn't recommend it.

Sodium Benzoate is a horrible thing they use as a food preservative. It can cause severe pain in the arms and shoulders and mimic a heart attack. I don't recommend that for anything.
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Loto I haven't found anything that helps me and I sure wish I did.

Caffeine doesn't help me, in fact unless I'm in the mood for chocolate I stay
    away from it.

I take vitamins daily and I feel like they help me stay somewhat healthy but
    energy I don't see a difference.

I really wish there was something .

Everyone is different so let us know if you find something that works for you.
  4. loto

loto Member

thanks for the info. i'll be leaving work soon and will stop and get some. i only wonder how much to take? should i just follow instructions on the bottle?
  5. smadavid

smadavid New Member

I take licorice root and salt, both of which improve my energy levels by raising blood pressure (which tends to be low when I'm feeling lethargic). I'd recommend trying that, so long as you don't have high blood pressure to begin with.
  6. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

is what's called D ribose it works fantastic i love it.

7. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

Where do you get this stuff? Does it really help with your pain?!
  8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

you can also get it at vitamin shoppe and I think fruitful yield carries it, too....or you might try looking online for the brand - I haven't done that, but I have found that Jarrow is the cheapest when purchasing it from the store
  9. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Prohealth carries the Corvalan (sp?) brand. It has the same ingredients as the one that Dr. Teitlebaum uses.

Unfortunately, I have't had the same luck with D-Ribose as you ladies. Maybe I should give it another try ...

10. bretzie

bretzie Member

I used to get real help with fatigue from Vitamin Shoppe's Enadol NADH, but then things changed and they no longer made it. I tried the supposedly exact same thing from a new company (CO1 or something). No help.

Does anyone know of an Enadol NADH that really works with taking the edge off fatigue???

For myself there is literally nothing that helps when I get that "going into shock" weakness.

11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I use FRS Healthy Energy and much of the time it works for me. Not always, but I will settle for sometimes. It is mostly B vitamins and something called Quertin (or something) that I never heard of. They used to have a 2 week free trial and you can get it from GNC but it is more expensive. Google it and check it out.
  12. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it's quercetin and it is becoming more & more popular for's actually the substance that gives some veggies and fruits their coloring - esp common in the purplish colored onions....supposedly it helps with something in the mitochondira, which helps with energy and possibly even with PEM....all it did for me was make me nauseous, but others have reported that it helps....glad that it seems to help you, too
  13. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I take B-12 complete twice a day subliqual. It really does give me a couple hours boost fast.
  14. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Hi Bretzie. You might want to take a look at our Energy NADH, which can be found here:

This is a 5mg formula, but we also carry a 10mg formula.

15. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I also just got some Fibro Energy Formula from ProHealth and have been taking it for the past 2 days and have actually felt "normal" energy. Could be a coincidence, but time will tell.
  16. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

That's great to hear! I hope you continue to see improvement.

17. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

A powder called Ambrotose (might be similar in ways to D-Ribose but is a different product) seems to help my energy levels. D-Ribose helps me too.