Question For Florida People

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Jan 12, 2009.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Has anyone seen Dr. Roland Staud at Shands in Gainsville. He is in the Division of Rheumatology and Immunology. If anyone has and can share their experiences it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. jyl

jyl Member

I have been seeing him since 1998. He is heavy into research and it is hard to get in to see him now as he is only in the clinic on Mondays. He wrote the Dummy book on Fibromyalgia and it was really pretty good. He is a nice man. I used to like to see him because he really listened and understood what I was talking about; now he is so busy he doesn't spend as much time with patients as he used to. The last couple of times I saw him he kept telling me I need to exercise. It takes all I can do to work 40 hours a week and that is not what I wanted to hear.

If you have the time and insurance or money I would recommend seeing him.

3. GJ2007

GJ2007 New Member

I had an appt. with Dr. Staud three days ago. I have CF, FM and diffuse Osteoarthritis. I was very impressed with him and his staff at Shands. He recommended that I have aquatherapy with a physical therapist, have to get lab work done, and he wants me to see a psychologist on staff there that deals with pain management. He gave me a Rx. for Flexeril. If you have any questions please email me at