question for jamminhealth re: Vit D supplementation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nink, Jul 27, 2009.

1. nink

nink New Member

If I read your most current post correctly, you are taking 5000 units of D3 and 10000 units of D3 on alternating days. Have I got that right?

Which specific supplement do you use, and do you get it from Vitacost? I can't swallow large pills so my best choice is powder or caps that I can open and throw into my protein drink if necessary.

I know I'm asking you to spoon-feed me on the basis of your hard-gained research. I don't have the energy to research on my own at this point. I am the only care givier for two elderly parents and, on top of these DDs, I just cant research like I used to. I used to think people who were doing what I am doing now were lazy. I now understand that there is only so much energy and time to go around, and my priorities have changed from self-care to caring for my parents. Something's got to give, and it's usually self-care.

I want to finish the Drisdol Vitamin D prescribed by my doc, have blood taken for a follow-up lab value, and then begin supplementation. I've already had a basal cell skin cancer, and being out in the sun has always made me feel bad, so sunbathing to metabolize Vitamin D is not in my future!

You have been very supportive of my requests for info from you, and I truly appreciate that. So, I am again thanking you in advance.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2009]
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

This is off topic of this post but thought you might see it.. I need a good natural vitamin /mineral supplement and was checking out the ones from Swanson's have you tried
    their vitamin/mineral supplement if not which one to you take. I have been taking Centrum Silver but have read to much negative about them so want to go to a natural instead of synthetic.

Thanks for your help,
  3. nink

nink New Member

Thanks again. I had looked on the Vitacost site, and also the Vitamin Shoppe site ( I get some supplements from my local VS store). The number of choices got to be confusing. Knowing the size of the capsules or gelcaps is very helpful to me. And having a liquid option is great, if I have to go that route! Hadn't seen that one.

Yeah, D3 will be in my future, long-term.